LegacyGT.com

Antifreeze smell

Update: My SA said that she had 4 Techs drive it and no one smelled anything. I'll be picking it up Monday morning. No mention of anything other than to pick it up Monday. So, I will be labeled as "Nice, but crazy", I am sure... I will look at other options at that time. :spin:

"Nice, but crazy" applies if you drive around or attempt to sell a severely broken vehicle without fully availing yourself of the privileges of your warranty. :confused:

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was offered a 2016 3.6r in Lapis Blue with Moonroof/keyless/ES/NAV for $30,400 with a trade in of $19,000. - I declined.

I was offered a 2016 Forester XT Premium for $26,900. - I also declined.

I will remain in my vehicle for a while longer and go elsewhere. Drama is over!

I think you might need to make a trip down here. I can't blame you for declining either of those.

"Nice, but crazy" applies if you drive around or attempt to sell a severely broken vehicle without fully availing yourself of the privileges of your warranty. :confused:

Yes but if the service department can't find a problem they can't fix it and therefore no warranty is enforced. They can't magic up a problem.

Now, I'm not saying Nate's car isn't broken and in need of repair. I'm saying simply that so far no problem has been found.

Nate, we're I in CO I'd offer to find it for you.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

:lol: I thought the drama was over, but no. I get there to pick it up this afternoon and there's a stain on my seat, like a big one. And the door is gross with grease. So they take it to detailing real quick (40 minutes). It comes back clean and they put a bag down to protect my ass from the wetness... I get to work and pull the bag up to let it air out and the whole seat bottom is black. I've put a video up in my next post. Pardon the language, as it's been one hell of an ordeal. New seat cover is on order now.

Yes but if the service department can't find a problem they can't fix it and therefore no warranty is enforced. They can't magic up a problem.

Now, I'm not saying Nate's car isn't broken and in need of repair. I'm saying simply that so far no problem has been found.

Nate, we're I in CO I'd offer to find it for you.

I don't disagree with what you're saying.

But earlier in this thread (or maybe another thread where Nate's problem has been discussed) he said that the dealership had already acknowledged that there was a problem (i.e, they'd smelled the antifreeze).

Also, he has been in communication with SOA, and they said he should take his car to another dealership, which so far he hasn't done.

I think he needs to follow up in two areas. First, he needs to get some clarification from his dealership as to whether they do or don't think his car has a problem. If they DO acknowledge it, he needs to make sure that the process does not end until either his car is repaired OR until he is provided with a new car.

Second, he needs to follow the process being laid out by SOA. For the reasons you stated (you can't fix a problem you can't find), SOA's request that he take his car to another dealership is not unreasonable. Of course, if SOA starts asking him to do unreasonable things, he should push back.

I'm sorry but 30,600 for a 3.6r isn't even a good price. This dealer isn't showing you any loyalty.. I mean I bought my 16 3.6r for 31,300. Is all the business you've sent them only worth 700 bucks considering I just bought mine as a stranger off the street? Time to find another subie dealer, unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

To bad we are not neighbors, Mastro Subaru wear gloves, put down paper covers, free hand car washes with any service.

Good luck, remember it just a f___king car and not worth getting sick or high pressure. I would stay the course with SOA and hope for the best expect the worst.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azxoVRTwlNg

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

I emailed SOA yesterday with my frustrations and laid it all out there - referrals, purchases made and service done, for ALL of my Subaru Crew here in Denver. I got a Loyalty Offer of $1,500 toward the purchase of a new Subaru. The check would be made out to me if I choose to buy a new Subaru. Offer is good for one year from today. I will take some time and think about this. I appreciate that they are trying.

Now it's a matter of taking a hit on the trade in and the new vehicle price, that's throwing me for a loop. I sent a text to my Sales guy with a counter offer on the 2 vehicles, basically asking for another $2,000 off of each. I will see what Shortline comes back with and go from there. Once I receive the final numbers, I might then reach out to Heuberger Subaru (largest in the nation) and see if they can beat it. I'll drive 120 miles one way, to buy a new Subaru.

1500 off of that 3.6r would be a good price, but honestly I'd look further into that Forester XT.. Alot of the subaru techs I'm friends with are saying that those 2.0's are bulletproof. I'm trying to get my girlfriend to look at them but shes in love with the damn cross treks..

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Now it's a matter of taking a hit on the trade in and the new vehicle price, that's throwing me for a loop. I sent a text to my Sales guy with a counter offer on the 2 vehicles, basically asking for another $2,000 off of each. I will see what Shortline comes back with and go from there. Once I receive the final numbers, I might then reach out to Heuberger Subaru (largest in the nation) and see if they can beat it. I'll drive 120 miles one way, to buy a new Subaru.

If it's on a Wednesday or a Saturday, I'll go to Heuberger with you and have you talk to my friend Ray that got me mine. He will be able to get you the best deal there, and hopefully can be a much better offer than you have seen with Shortline.

Invoice for a 2016 3.6 with the EyeSight package (and no other options) is $31,432, so the offer $30,400 is $1,032 below invoice.

In fact, it's probably more than that because I doubt that the car they were pricing had no options beyond the EyeSight package. So maybe more like $1500 below invoice.

Although judging by other threads on what people have paid for their cars, he might be able to do a few hundred better, I wouldn't expect him to do all that much better elsewhere.

The key will really be what he gets offered for the trade-in. Looking at Kelly Blue Book, (and not knowing all the details about Nate's current car), it looks like $14K to $16K is a good trade-in offer (and that's assuming Nate's car isn't badly broken). It will be interesting to see if other dealers offer $19K for a 2015 Legacy Premium w/o EyeSight.

^ I have the Premium with NAV/Moonroof pkg and Fogs, as well as a few other options, Home Link mirror, All Weather pkg, etc. No flaws anywhere on the car, except the seat :lol: Anywho, I'll update once the numbers come in!

Okay, for a 2015 Legacy Premium with 15,000 miles, nav, moonroof, blue (nothing else matters), Kelly Blue Book gives a trade in range of $17,435 - $18,682 with a target of $18,059. That assuming "very good" condition. (Is car with antifreeze smell in "very good" condition?)

Archived