LegacyGT.com

Ugh some idiot backed into my car today.

I went to the Mcdonalds for lunch today and I parked nowhere near anyone and walked in and got my food. As I come back out there is a white van full of Amish guys backing out of there spot across from my car and as I'm getting closer and closer to my car I notice the guy isn't going to cut the wheel as he should and he backs straight into the spot next to mine scraping my entire drivers side fender by now I was at his window yelling for him to stop otherwise he probably would've kept going.

There now is white paint all across my drivers side fender and where the front of the door and fender meet there is a fist creased dent I guess from his bumper. I wonder what the estimate is going to be. I called the cops immediately and he took both of our info. I hope he has insurance. Cop said since I wasn't in my car it's not a moving violation so thats good at least.

Hmmm wow, sorry to hear about this. Nothing worse when you can see what is going to happen and u are really powerless to control it. Good work getting onto the Police as quickly as you did, just hope the repair job is just as quick.

I would certainly start to get some estimates and work things from there.

Best of luck with the repair.

Ada///M.

PS..... I serioulsy hate sitting in my ride and watching ppl either reverse in behind me or in front of me, it freaks me out totally. SO I do know how you feel.

Take care

I went to the Mcdonalds for lunch today and I parked nowhere near anyone and walked in and got my food. As I come back out there is a white van full of Amish guys backing out of there spot across from my car and as I'm getting closer and closer to my car I notice the guy isn't going to cut the wheel as he should and he backs straight into the spot next to mine scraping my entire drivers side fender by now I was at his window yelling for him to stop otherwise he probably would've kept going.

There now is white paint all across my drivers side fender and where the front of the door and fender meet there is a fist creased dent I guess from his bumper. I wonder what the estimate is going to be. I called the cops immediately and he took both of our info. I hope he has insurance. Cop said since I wasn't in my car it's not a moving violation so thats good at least.

The cop mentioning that it isn't a moving violation...what the hell does that have to do with your situation? The dude backed into YOUR car. Based on the cops statement, if you had been in your car eating, it would have been a moving violation? :confused:

Sounds like one of NJ's finest! :rolleyes: At least you have documentation that it was his fault.

Good luck!

-S

I had a similar incident about a month after i got my car. I parked out where nobody was at and nobody would park, and when i came out from the store i noticed a dent on my driver side door about the size of a half dollar. I was livid. Nobody around to fess up either.:mad:

Thank you, drive through...

Drive through means you are there for a much shorter amount of time, and you are in the driver's seat, so you can pull some crazy avoidance maneuver, blow the horn, etc...

Then when you have your food, go to a nice public park, or something... Better scenery than McDonalds, anyway.

But seriously, that sucks... Hope it gets fixed up as good as new.

How many un-damaged 05 legacys are left? IT seems like a rash of the members here are getting their cars ___'ed up by other people being morons. A good condition original, un-damaged Legacy GT seems to be getting rare...

Yeah if this Mcdonalds had a Drive through I would've definately went through there I hate going inside for food. Unfortunately the Mcdonalds is the only place close enough to my job to get food since my lunch is only 30 minutes. I'll take some pics tomorrow just haven't had a chance.

ON just the rear bumper expect around $6-700. just got my estimate last weeke from when my neighbor hit mine.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I think the guy lucked out because he started hitting me just past the front bumber area on the wheelwell although there is a scratch on the bumber cover at the end of it from him but they'll probably be able to buff that out or something. Here are some pics.

PICT0001.JPG.2082e5dc775b174321913b7b9fbe99fd.JPG

PICT0002.JPG.709c775c4f07b393279984bed6d1cc33.JPG

Is it me, or does the second pic show some nice dents and even some paint scrape? That is still a big enough damage that they may have to do some bodywork. Good luck with that and report back. I hate whenthat happens!

X

---

Ouch had my Brother In Law look at car when he stopped by and he said my suspension may have been affected because the rim and tire show some damage and the car did drive kinda funny afterwards. I thought it may have just needed air and when I put some in it drove better. If thats the case this may cost more than I thought, I'm going to have it estimated in his shop on Monday before work for a better idea. I'll let you guys know the outcome.

karma for eating at McDonalds.

j/k... seriously, I feel bad for you. I have been twice the victim of a hit-and-run accident where it has cost me $300.00 deductible out of my pocket to get the damage fixed, plus time away from my car. It is a pain in the ass every time and almost as bad as having your car broken in to or stolen (which has happened to me on a few occasions too)

I hope you get your car fixed without having to pay a cent. It should work out as you caught the guy and a cop came and made a report, and all...

Archived