LegacyGT.com

98legwag's 2009 3.0R Limited

98legwag

I installed the HKS ES Premium mufflers. Here is a before with the Turbo XS set with extended hangers:

w7zj5lX.jpg

And after with the HKS set with stock hangers:

5m336u9.jpg

Sorry about the crappy cell phone pics. The HKS mufflers are a little more quite at idle. I have not driven the car yet to see how they compare under load. They also fit much better.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How are you liking your new mufflers man? I looked into the HKS premiium and I noticed they sell a model with a big silencer and one without it. Which one did you get?

I like these a lot. The fitment is a bit better. These are more quite and deeper sounding than the Turbo XS set. I would not say that the Turbo XS set was loud by any means, especially since my exhaust is stock other than the axle backs. I have the HKS ES Premiums. I am not sure if they have a built in silencer or not, but I am very happy with them.

• 3 months later...
After driving the car a few days the G-max AS05s seem to be more composed over bumps, have better steering response and better change of direction, and are more quiet than the Continental DWS06s. I have not really had a chance to test the over all grip yet. Considering the Generals were about $200 less for the whole set than the Continentals I am very pleased so far.

• 1 month later...
I like these a lot. The fitment is a bit better. These are more quite and deeper sounding than the Turbo XS set. I would not say that the Turbo XS set was loud by any means, especially since my exhaust is stock other than the axle backs. I have the HKS ES Premiums. I am not sure if they have a built in silencer or not, but I am very happy with them.

Any chance to get a sound clip? I’m interested in doing something other than stock, but really don’t want to get too loud or drone either.

Seems like there is that fine line anymore of modding a Subaru so it’s not quite stock, sounds good, and performs a little better and doing too much and fitting in with the high schoolers with their WRX’s.

Obviosuly just a matter of opinion, and there’s nothing wrong with a heavily modded Subie, just not what I’m going for.

Any chance to get a sound clip? I’m interested in doing something other than stock, but really don’t want to get too loud or drone either.

Seems like there is that fine line anymore of modding a Subaru so it’s not quite stock, sounds good, and performs a little better and doing too much and fitting in with the high schoolers with their WRX’s.

Obviosuly just a matter of opinion, and there’s nothing wrong with a heavily modded Subie, just not what I’m going for.

The hks es premiums sound great on these cars. I had them on my 3.0r. No drone at all which is rare with the h6 but enough sound to turn heads. Perfect for anyone who wants to hear the car but not get pulled over or upset the wife too much.

Sorry, I have not gotten a sound clip yet. At idle and cruise I cannot really tell a difference from stock inside the car. When I am accelerating there is a good bit of sound. But its not loud at all. Its a deep refined sound.

Here is a quick clip from Youtube I saw a while back.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived