LegacyGT.com

98legwag's 2009 3.0R Limited

98legwag

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have never seen that. How does the brake feel now?

Pedal response and feel is a lot better. It feels like the brakes work a lot faster now since the firewall doesn't flex as much before the brakes start working. I recommend this mod.

Oh, and the stock horns are awful. It sucks I would have to take the bumper off to get the grill off to put Hella horns in there. I hate that about the 08-09s.

I just installed Hellas on my 08. You don't have to remove the bumper to get the grill off. Removing the bumper is easier, but I decided to just remove the grill. It requires a small mirror and a couple Philips head screw driver sizes. There is a thread on here with pictures of how to remove the grill on 08-09s, but I warn you its a big pain.

I just installed Hellas on my 08. You don't have to remove the bumper to get the grill off. Removing the bumper is easier, but I decided to just remove the grill. It requires a small mirror and a couple Philips head screw driver sizes. There is a thread on here with pictures of how to remove the grill on 08-09s, but I warn you its a big pain.

Thanks, I have looked through those threads. One thing is for sure. I am not worrying about anything like that till it gets warmer out there.

Today I went a small road trip and picked a pair of Turbo XS mufflers. I was told these are prototypes from before production began so these do not have the burnt titanium style tips. They will be installed once its a little warmer outside. I also picked up a cv boot kit I needed along with a pcv valve and the gaskets for the mufflers from a friend who is a Subaru tech.

Its currently 20%. I got a certificate at a meet to get it done for free. My plan is remove it, go get the repair ordered signed and sent in, and then get the legal limit, 35%. I got pulled over about a mile from my house too.

Just got home from having the car tinted again. Since the glass has dye in it, I went with 45% to keep everything legal. The tint shop I went to was nice enough to also hook me up with a little tinted Lamin-x so I can tint the reflectors in the rear bumper. That will happen when the Turbo-XS mufflers get put on.

The Turbo XS mufflers got installed today. It sounds great. All that was needed was new gaskets and longer rubber hangers. The reflectors in the rear bumper got tinted with Lamin-x as well.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50Jsvfk6Vt8]2009 Legacy 3.0R with Turbo XS mufflers - YouTube[/ame]

+1

I'm like seeing what you and legacyshawn do to your 3.0Rs. I live vicariously through your mods!

Thanks. The funny part is that he and I live in the same state. I tried to get my friend to buy the 3.0R legacyshawn bought. It was on coilovers when it was at the dealership, but he has improved it a lot since he bought it.

Thanks. The funny part is that he and I live in the same state. I tried to get my friend to buy the 3.0R legacyshawn bought. It was on coilovers when it was at the dealership, but he has improved it a lot since he bought it.

Id love to hear that exhaust in person. You anywhere near Aberdeen Proving Ground area? Or John Hopkins U? I go there for work occasionally.

Just got home from having the car tinted again. Since the glass has dye in it, I went with 45% to keep everything legal. The tint shop I went to was nice enough to also hook me up with a little tinted Lamin-x so I can tint the reflectors in the rear bumper. That will happen when the Turbo-XS mufflers get put on.

http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g378/98legwag/2009%20%20Legacy%20R/20150311_105615_zpsvkxxgrnf.jpg

Please excuse the dirty car, it rained yesterday.

45% still looks good! I got pulled over for the tint on my RSX (35%) a couple weeks back, that i have had on the car for 9 years, and i also got pulled over less than half mile from my house. But this photo, makes me hopeful that itll still look decent! I currently have 35% all around on my Leggy, no probs so far

Id love to hear that exhaust in person. You anywhere near Aberdeen Proving Ground area? Or John Hopkins U? I go there for work occasionally.

I am very occasionally up in Bel Air. I am mostly in the Montgomery or Howard County area.

45% still looks good! I got pulled over for the tint on my RSX (35%) a couple weeks back, that i have had on the car for 9 years, and i also got pulled over less than half mile from my house. But this photo, makes me hopeful that itll still look decent! I currently have 35% all around on my Leggy, no probs so far

Thanks! I was skeptical, but it looks good. I opened my back doors today for the first time since getting it done and the driver's side back door needs to be fixed. The tint wasn't trimmed right so it rubbed on the weather stripping when closing the door. This pulled it off slightly. The place I took said to bring it back in and they will fix it.

• 3 weeks later...

Small world! :lol: Yeah, I bought it at AutoLeader in Baltimore. Honestly, I can't wait to get those POS Megan coilovers off this car. They're under dampened, and I'm afraid of blowing them if I make them too stiff. But I am loving the car! :wub:

We should meet up sometime, 98legwag!

Archived