LegacyGT.com

98legwag's 2009 3.0R Limited

98legwag

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maaaaan, those wheels are clean dude!

They do have some paint chips around the edge from mounting and dismounting tires. I am debating getting something wider. And possibly staying with 18s since the 3.0R Limiteds have them stock. But a little more sidewall might be good for a daily driver. If I keep these I will likely get them repainted.

• 2 weeks later...

Since the rear brake pads need to be replaced soon I thought why not upgrade the front at the same time?

http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g378/98legwag/2009%20%20Legacy%20R/20160211_175514_zpsnvm9l5vq.jpg

I should also have three more packages arriving in the next couple weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
Man I really want to see pics once you get those Rays on! Car looks great! clean and classy.

Yeah, about that. I sold them to a friend. He is putting them on his 2nd gen. Thanks for the compliments.

You're making me want a 3.0R again :spin:

Thanks. I really like the 3.0Rs. I just wish SoA had made them available with the 6mt like the rest of the world.

How does it feel with the new strut braces?

It feels a little more stable in corners. Especially bumpy corners. I think the difference is in the handling/feel as opposed to actual grip. I also have noticed there are a little less creaks and rattles as well. All in all, for what I paid for the braces I am pleased.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
My STI BBS wheels are here. Only two really have any noticeable curb rash. One is fairly slight rash so I will not try to fix that for fear of only making it look worse. The "worst" just has two spots were the gold paint is gone so I will touch that up. I didn't have my phone or camera with me while unpacking them so I will get pics later.

• 3 weeks later...
My tires arrived yesterday. I got a set of Continental ExtremeContact DWS06. Saturday the car will go to my friend's shop to have the wheels and tires mounted, get an alignment, and have the parking brake adjusted. Then I have to install the Bayson R lip (which I found out there was an issue in production so it may not fit right) and install the Cobb rad shroud.

Suspension next?

Not any time soon. Although I did figure out that my driver's side is about .5 in lower than the passenger side in the front. The driver's side has about 1 finger width clearance on my ramps with the lip on.

Ugh, why not? So much wheel gap

Haha. Gotta love the Bilsteins. One reason is I am not sure which route I want to go. Stick with Bilsteins, probably HDs, and get Pinks or go to a Koni or KYB set up.

Archived