LegacyGT.com

98legwag's 2009 3.0R Limited

98legwag

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sway bars are a good upgrade. Well, a friend of mine was following me to a Boxerfest here in Maryland this weekend and noticed my exhaust moved around a good bit. It was due to the el cheapo extended exhaust hangers I bought in order to make sure the mufflers were not jammed into the bumper. I bought some urethane Kartboy extended hangers at the event. Problem solved.

I put the IAG floor mat bracket in today. It replaces the factory plastic one that always rips through the carpet.

Here is a picture of my car with his when we met up for Boxerfest. This actually shows the Turbo XS mufflers pretty well.

11046694_959094310776317_4372735935325641327_n.jpg.cf053f4f7c4f15602df134ede40ae176.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

So I went to Fed Ex this afternoon to pick up my package. And inside the box was this.....box:

Picture is gone due to Photobucket....

Don't worry, the part I ordered was inside there.

Here it is in all its JDM awesomeness glory. A Liberal Albero A/T shift knob. Yes it is really silver and gray carbon fiber. It even came with a little emblem that I decided to stick on.

20150531_174514_zpsdmke08t0.thumb.jpg.579b762a2583fdcaa042c36b9ea37d50.jpg

20150531_174629_zpskbql0dx9.thumb.jpg.be42ca4705157214be8fbb70ed6784ba.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Bought something new to me.

I wanted the trunk space back that he sub was taking up. I had been looking into a Wicked CAS Magic Box for a while, but did not want to pay full price for one. After waiting about 2 months without finding one, two people messaged me in the same day with boxes they were selling. The one I bought had a hole drilled in it from the previous owner mounting it to the floor. We filled that with epoxy. Wicked CAS recommends drilling a hole in the back of the box where there is a bolt behind the carpet in the trunk and using a longer bolt to mount it. I did not want to drill another hole in the box. In addition, this box does block the access door for the tail light. I wanted it to be removable without having to take the sub out of the box. My friend helped me come up with a strap using the same bolt Wicked CAS recommends. We also make a small brace to hold the top of the box in place, but that is not pictured because I took it out to paint it blaaaaaaack. The strap is a belt from one of my old pairs of hockey pants and the braces is cut from old broken carbon fiber hockey sticks. YAY for reusing/recycling old junk. I am still using the same Polk Audio sub as before.

20150628_190352_zpszcvkzlna.thumb.jpg.4d6cba9d1faaf41e158aa3f4feea96cf.jpg

That's awesome! I made one of those sub boxes that fit in place of the foam trunk organizer above the tire. The only problem is, I made it a little too small and my sub is a bit suffocated.

Do you know the volume of your sub box?

According to Wicked CAS its approx .75 cubic feet.

Check out the Maryland meet thread in Mid Atlantic section! Would love to check out your ride in person!

Yeah, 07wrxstage2 told me about it. I think I have something else that day, but I will see. There is also a meet in Owings Mills on the 11th.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I went to the Maryland Subaru Club's first annual food drive with some friends today. It was held at Used JDM Engines in Baltimore. I was shocked that they had four, yes FOUR JDM nose cuts for 4th gen Legacys. Two were 3.0R nose cuts and two were GT nose cuts. All type A-C. I did not take any pictures there, but I did when a few of us went out for food afterwards. The black 06 GT is my friends. He just got it back and is breaking in the new engine. Its an IAG stage 2 tough block with a BNR 18G with supporting mods. Not sure if he is on this forum but he is on the SLI Facebook page.

Thanks for the add on FB! Covers look nice, how much they run? Interested getting them

I got them from AVOjdm.

http://www.avojdm.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_54_60&products_id=118&osCsid=81pbe51becsbfoquutqp8hshn2

I think there is someone selling a set in the classifieds here. They popped up right after I bought my set.

• 3 weeks later...
Went for a cruise with the Maryland Subaru Club today. I got separated from the group early on at a traffic light so I went on my only little cruise. I decided to follow my GPS app to the Chesapeake Bay. I took these two pictures at Pirate's Cove in Galesville, MD.

20151114_155041_zps7qssiqrd.thumb.jpg.b5776993f9025a1db7af6f9c07ef59bf.jpg

20151114_155052_zpsjax997x0.thumb.jpg.49c578cd5ddf97ac52aafab3a96ce93a.jpg

• 1 month later...

I keep forgetting to take pictures of the wheels so here is one from ad. They are Versus Collezioni Stivale made by Rays. The specs kinda suck. They are 17x7 et48. They do have some paint chips from mounting and dismounting tires and around the lug holes. At this point I am leaning towards selling them on and getting something 17x8 or 18x8.

Pictures are gone due to Photobucket.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived