LegacyGT.com

SRVD Disabled

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow. Mine just failed yesterday! Purchased car the first week it went on sale in mid July. I will need to make an appointment with the dealer. Really use this feature all the time. Oh well.

It will get fixed but keep an eye on the backup camera when you get it back. Mine seems to have failed around the same time they replaced the prt and now they are replacing my radio unit and backup camera next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
The dealer called and said the updated part is in. Took the car in.. Got a call saying they need it for a few more days!!... They don't have the tool to align the radar, and they have to order one!!! couldn't they have let me bring the car in when they had the tool also?.. now I with a loaner forester for a few days.. I want my car :( Oh well..

The dealer called and said the updated part is in. Took the car in.. Got a call saying they need it for a few more days!!... They don't have the tool to align the radar, and they have to order one!!! couldn't they have let me bring the car in when they had the tool also?.. now I with a loaner forester for a few days.. I want my car :( Oh well..

Probably don't have the reflector and/or the plumb, not to mention the PC with the proper software for the calibration and adjustment.

I've had 2 experiences with eyesight where I got a notice on the dash that it was disabled. The first time I restarted the car and everything cleared up (could have been a strange reflection that confused the sysyem). The second time it happened to the wife but went away. What was really confusing was the letter I came up next to the gear indicator on the dash. The manual states that that letter comes up when there is a eyesight problem and to retrive the problem by toggling the info lever on the steering wheel. The only message I got was that it was low on fuel (it was). Called the dealer and he couldn't help me other than to bring it in. Filled the tank and the "I" went away. I couldn't find anywhere in the "library" that we get in the glove box where it says it should do that. I don't know about you but with a car so filled with modern tech and designed in Japan there has to be something "lost in translation". There just doesn't seem to be a logical transition at times between related features. Still love the car!

Mine did this today, I've had it for less than one week. It was in the garage, started it up, and SRVD was disabled. The "i" appeared and just said SRVD Disabled and to check the owners manual. Drove wife to work, restarted the car and it went away. It's at the dealer now for the clear bra, and other issues.

I told them about the SRVD being disabled and they'll look at it, but I'm not holding my breath. However if there is a new part number this sounds like another TSB situation similar to the wind noise (which I'm waiting on parts for, they said maybe June).

I just got my car back and the SRVD seems to be working. It seems to be now an known issue. My Radar parts in my rear end had to be replaced with a replacement part (not the one they have using). They had to install the replacement parts and align it.. It took them a week to replicate my issue and they had to call Subaru themselves to come and help them diagnose the issue.

SRVD again this morning popped up with an error and was disabled until I restarted the car. I spoke to the dealer about it when I picked it up last night and yeah, it appears they won't do anything unless they can get it to fail for them. They told me next time it happens to swing on by and have them check it while it's going on...but they're not open at 530AM when I go to work. :/

I took pics of the issue, but I doubt they'll do anything. If this is common on early production runs I would hope Subaru would do something about it like the wind noise issue, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Maybe that's why SRVD was turned off when we bought the car? Hmm...

SRVD again this morning popped up with an error and was disabled until I restarted the car. I spoke to the dealer about it when I picked it up last night and yeah, it appears they won't do anything unless they can get it to fail for them. They told me next time it happens to swing on by and have them check it while it's going on...but they're not open at 530AM when I go to work. :/

I took pics of the issue, but I doubt they'll do anything. If this is common on early production runs I would hope Subaru would do something about it like the wind noise issue, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Maybe that's why SRVD was turned off when we bought the car? Hmm...

Have them call Subaru themselves.. they should know about the issue.. My dealer called them and Subaru came to the dealership to try to troubleshoot the problem... The part they put in out cars must be a problematic one.. they replace mine with a different part number..

Mine was fixed last week. They did not have to try to reproduce the error. They could read the error codes that were recorded. I had gotten the 'SVRD has been disabled' message more than 15 times over the past 6 months. The technician said there was a service bulletin on it and fixed that, as well as my sticking fuel door.

Mine was fixed last week. They did not have to try to reproduce the error. They could read the error codes that were recorded. I had gotten the 'SVRD has been disabled' message more than 15 times over the past 6 months. The technician said there was a service bulletin on it and fixed that, as well as my sticking fuel door.

Thanks for this. I have to go pick it up again today since they did the window TSB. I'll pester them to look at the codes since they indicated they could only do it when it was happening. Since your dealer could pull the codes and it's a known issue, I'm kind of irritated.

Fortunately my fuel door is ok for now. I'm thinking when it gets cold next winter I'll be back in for the freezing relays and door sticking.

I have had my Legacy for 2 months (built in 02/15) and the SRVD disabled itself on seven occasions. Turning the car off then on would reset it. Dealer stated there is a TSB 07-90-15 that states they need to replace both rear sensors. Have your dealer look it up if you experienced the issue. The fault can also be found in the memory of the computer (I witnessed it myself) so the light does not have to be lit. They will replace both sensors part number 87611AL00B at no charge. Subaru stated they received a bad batch of the radar sensors which causes the problem. Problem solved!

Thanks for that info on the TSB, I didn't realize there was an actual TSB for it. I'll see what I can do but I'm not holding my breath. While another member on here has had great experience at my dealer, I have had the opposite. Even the window TSB looks like it was a rush job with all the rubber pieces folded in and pinched.

• 7 months later...
Mine disabled itself several times this winter. Each time was related to how close I park to snow banks rear/side.

Interesting.... mine just did it for the first time with 20K miles and I was backed up to a snow bank and was -10 degrees :lol:

Turned the car off and on and it re set.

I have the same issue occasionally and the sun is not involved! I learned if you turn on the ignition first for just a couple seconds before starting the car, it works fine with

no error message. I think during start up it needs just a little time to initialize and sometimes it's delayed by just a second and that causes the error message.

^^^not correct at all. If that message comes up, you MUST have the two radar sensors replaced. There is a TSB to permanently fix this issue. I had the exact same issues and, from what I was told, was one of the first in the states to encounter it. After a week of troubleshooting by Suby, they figured it out and created the TSB. You should never have to start a car a specific way to prevent this from happening nor should it take time to "initialize". Anyone reading this that is having the SRVD message appear in their center display should go to the dealer and get it resolved once and for all. Mine has never done it since the sensors were replaced. I hope this helps!

Sorry there is at least some truth to my theory. Every time I start the car MY WAY, the sensors perform perfectly fine as they are suppose too. Perhaps if I had the sensors replaced it would not happen at all but I am NOT totally wrong as you say!

You are misreading my note above...not saying you are "wrong" about the way you decided to start your car but you are incorrect about the car having to need extra time to initialize and it being somewhat delayed which causes the error...just want to be clear that you should not have to do anything special to start your car to prevent the error. If you want to keep doing it "YOUR WAY", that's fine but you are only masking the problem.

• 1 month later...
Mine came on for the first time today, while I was driving, it did snow yesterday but there was no snow on the car today, a little salty but not bad. Stopped at home, shut the car off, restarted went to the store, light was still on, stopped at the bank, light was still on. Washed the car, light was still on. I am hoping after it sits over night when I start it in the morning it doesn't come back on. Will keep you all informed.

well unfortunately I still don't have my repair done. It's been over a month since I brought my car in and was told that the dealership needed a special tool to install the part. I just called the dealership and they still don't have the tool, supposedly they're trying to borrow one from Subaru of New England/SOA. Has anyone had any better luck than me?

well unfortunately I still don't have my repair done. It's been over a month since I brought my car in and was told that the dealership needed a special tool to install the part. I just called the dealership and they still don't have the tool, supposedly they're trying to borrow one from Subaru of New England/SOA. Has anyone had any better luck than me?

IIRC, the "special tool" is either the proprietary computer software on any given laptop and/or the plumb that is used to calibrate the radar sensors with a special screen.

When I had it performed after my sensors were replaced, it was the first time it was done at the dealership, so they had a regional Subaru engineer arrive the day of the appt with the required tools and parts, to demonstrate how it was done.

It took approximately 2hrs from start to finish, not sure if it's shorter if they know the deal already or not.

I don't think its shorter time frame. My dealer seems to have awful customer service and wants my car for the DAY to do it! So whatever I will drop it off and pick it back up. I love the car but the service at the dealer just leaves me sour anytime I contact them or am there.

Archived