LegacyGT.com

Install day before rain seaon

LegAC_GT

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cool but is there a way to change the plugs without taking out the battery? I don't want everything resetted in my car & my seatbelt lol

If we have some jumper cables and zip ties, we may be able to carefully pull the battery out of the car with the jumper cables attached to the battery and clamps to save the settings.

Spark plugs will be easy. I'll have all the sockets extensions and ratchets we should need!

I called Subaru service and they quoted 3 hours for the spark plugs at $150/hr :rolleyes:

Mucho Kudos if we get it done on Sunday. I bought the plugs from Subaru this morning.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

If we have some jumper cables and zip ties, we may be able to carefully pull the battery out of the car with the jumper cables attached to the battery and clamps to save the settings.

That sounds really sketchy and a decent way to short something out or start a fire.

I called Subaru service and they quoted 3 hours for the spark plugs at $150/hr :rolleyes:

Mucho Kudos if we get it done on Sunday. I bought the plugs from Subaru this morning.

It doesn't take 3hrs. The last install day LegAC_GT installed my plugs in less than an hour or about an hour. Subaru just taking there time so they can take your money.

Eh doing it by the book I could see it taking 3 hours, but there are faster ways than what the factory recommends.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

That sounds really sketchy and a decent way to short something out or start a fire.

I didn't say it was safe....:eek:....but it could be done...carefully of course. :lol:

The zip ties would be for making sure the jumper cable clamps stayed tight on the battery posts and the cable clamps.

I have a battery saver I can get from work if anyone is concerned about their audio settings -_- wish subaru was smart like other companies where if you removed the battery, the stations and settings would stay. ://

hmm - if you have to pull the plugs might as well replace them. Not sure I want to do that this weekend.

I think with radiator, rear springs, and maybe endlinks that's probably all I want to do.

I keep reading about how terrible the plugs are to change.

I got front and rear sways/endlinks + reinforcement plates. I may try to work on it on Saturday, but the build day does mean I may just do the oil change on Saturday and work with you guys on Sunday!

(I am also currently in a beer surplus...so i shall share!)

Random idea just popped in my head for the radio / spark plug issue:

connect the power cables from your car to another car's battery with the jumper cables. That way you can pull the battery out from your car freely?

Excellent observation on the beer surplus.

I can bring RaceRamps.

I plan to bring my jack-stands/jack as well along with my tools to use.

(ill explain the beer surplus in person, lets just say I where I work leads to me getting boxes of beer :) )

Next time it can be at your house?

Not to worry Chris... Once of these days. Tracy is around an hour or so from most of you guys. I need to settled in after this divorce gets wrapped.

We could even pull some motors if needed. Have the stand and hoist. :p

Plenty of driveway for a few cars.

Next time it can be at your house?

I have no problem hosting, but only really have room for 4 cars to be worked on at a time. Also it would be 2.5-3 hours of driving for most everyone else and that doesn't make too much sense either.

Not to worry Chris... Once of these days. Tracy is around an hour or so from most of you guys. I need to settled in after this divorce gets wrapped.

We could even pull some motors if needed. Have the stand and hoist. :p

Plenty of driveway for a few cars.

This probably makes more sense it's a easier drive for me and still easy for the Bay Area people also.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

Archived