LegacyGT.com

Install day before rain seaon

LegAC_GT

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The seat idea is just that. I can drop at least 40# with two front seats but wife would be all out of sorts.

It would be a fair "plug and play" with the only bracket for our cars...and whatever mod needed for the air bag sensor fix.

If it doesnt happen oct 5, I still plan on it at some point.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

The seat idea is just that. I can drop at least 40# with two front seats but wife would be all out of sorts.

It would be a fair "plug and play" with the only bracket for our cars...and whatever mod needed for the air bag sensor fix.

If it doesn't happen Oct 5, I still plan on it at some point.

I am not sure how difficult it is, but I know a lot of people swap seats out just for track day.

That would keep the wife happy.

Edit:

Here is the air bag sensor fix for an 2006 Legacy

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/anyone-have-pics-m-seatsi-27152p2.html?t=27152&page=2&highlight=cobra+seat

I think I need to install radiator (which I might do next weekend) and rear springs. Other than that I am just planning on hanging out and helping / learning.

so this is going to be at my house so I don't have to drive anywhere right?

It's all the same too me. It takes me an hour to get to San Jose and an hour to get to Sac

I am not sure how difficult it is, but I know a lot of people swap seats out just for track day.

That would keep the wife happy.

Edit:

Here is the air bag sensor fix for an 2006 Legacy

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/anyone-have-pics-m-seatsi-27152p2.html?t=27152&page=2&highlight=cobra+seat

I think I need to install radiator (which I might do next weekend) and rear springs. Other than that I am just planning on hanging out and helping / learning.

It's all the same too me. It takes me an hour to get to San Jose and an hour to get to Sac

Seats are a piece of cake, 4 bolts and a few plugs and generally they pop right out the door.

Decisions decisions....I will post on here if I go for it and if parts will be here by oct 5. I have back to back track day weekends and gonna have some work done on the car mid week.

Feels too short of a time to decide what I want and order it. Either way, I will be quite happy to meet up with all you guys.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

I would be in for this. GTEASER if you could bring your mig that would be awesome. I have been trying to figure out how I am going to work my way into the welding shop here at my school to weld my own muffler deletes.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Yep, I installed this whole set-up without them the first time around. It was miserable. I think all of my strut top bolts has come loose at some point because of it.

Using loctite this time around.

I leave the pass-thru sockets and allen keys in my car because they kept coming loose.

I have pass through and allen keys and 2 sets of spring compressors #suspensionwhore

my list:

sway bars

radiator (yes again)

HID's

foggy headlight polish

spark plugs

TBE gasket refresh

oil change

plastidip wheels

I miss having a garage =\

If you guys need tools let me know ahead of time so I can bring them home from work. I might even have an engine hoist by that time in case someone needs to do something crazy!

If you can get crows wrench from your work that would be great. I need to install my oil pressure gauge but don't have that kind of wrench. Thx

I have pass through and allen keys and 2 sets of spring compressors #suspensionwhore

my list:

sway bars

radiator (yes again)

HID's

foggy headlight polish

spark plugs

TBE gasket refresh

oil change

plastidip wheels

I miss having a garage =\

I have the pre-dip spray and I can bring it if you want. I don't really notice it making a huge difference.

What happened to your radiator?

Did you get your transmission fixed?

I would be in for this. GTEASER if you could bring your mig that would be awesome. I have been trying to figure out how I am going to work my way into the welding shop here at my school to weld my own muffler deletes.

I dont have the ability to do stainless or aluminum yet, I need a $250 wire spool gun before I can weld those materials. I can do steel tho.

I dont have the ability to do stainless or aluminum yet, I need a $250 wire spool gun before I can weld those materials. I can do steel tho.

I was planning on using steel because of ease of obtaining it for me. It is my understanding the stock pipes are steel correct?

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Maybe I can finally install the lip I've had hanging in my garage for forever and a day...even though apparently it's easy I haven't had time to sit down and do it :(

May want to get some pop-its/plastic push pins

Archived