LegacyGT.com

Install day before rain seaon

LegAC_GT

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nevermind figured that out. I have a pdf of the manual

I can take a look at it at the meet. Sometimes the expansion valve can be taken out the "easy" way, which is different from the "extremely hard" FSM way which in my '03 according to Subaru I had to remove the dashboard and steering column. I did not do it that way, and even after I did it my way, I found a far easier way which would have save me a whole day. But I have to see the car.

I can take a look at it at the meet. Sometimes the expansion valve can be taken out the "easy" way, which is different from the "extremely hard" FSM way which in my '03 according to Subaru I had to remove the dashboard and steering column. I did not do it that way, and even after I did it my way, I found a far easier way which would have save me a whole day. But I have to see the car.

Alright sounds good. Hopefully there is an easy way.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

I have a compression test kit but not a leak down test kit.

DUUUDE...that would be really helpful to me. I am down at least 3whp since I started tracking the car. My guess is the beating is taking some toll. Would be great to know everyting is solid.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

I'll see if I can make it down on Sunday it's just a long drive for me... 3 hours each way.

Yikes...in that case, don't sweat it just for me. It would be nice to know, but I don't even know how long or complicated the entire process will be.

Cheers!

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Gotta pull the plugs and screw the compression test hose in to the head at each plug location, crank the motor, take the reading and on to the next cylinder.

Yeah, it sounds like a lot of work.

Sounds like a good time to change the spark plugs as well? I may do this in the spring.

That may also be a reason why I am down a tad.

Straightened out the bend in the Borla ddman sold me so I will be installing that this weekend as well as hids in both low beams and fogs. Hopefully my AC will be something easy to fix

2005 Vader Wagon

I do have some bushings I'd love to install.

I would also like to cut out the rest of the plastic next to my fog lights and put wire mesh. Already have it.

Just not sure if I will do any of these or just hang out.

Spark plugs are easy, just takes patience.

And the peeling of things out of the way. 10lb of poo in the 5 lb bag. Gotta love it.

Just having a few options for swivel and the right extension/plug socket makes a world of difference.

Eh plugs aren't that bad unless you have air injection but even so it's easily done in 2 hours working slowly.... Course that's on an 08 spec.B I have no idea what it's like on a flat 6 Legacy.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

Crank pulley is easy. Here is a right up I found for the spark plugs. Shouldn't be too hard. I haven't done them on my legacy yet but did them on my old impreza and it wasn't too difficult. Just have to move stuff out of the way. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/spark-plug-install-instructions-12070.html

2005 Vader Wagon

Archived