LegacyGT.com

DON't BUY GAS ON SEPT. 10th

G.T.Subie

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure.... don't buy gas on the tenth and fill up the night before instead. That'll show em...

In order to make a difference you don't stop buying gas... To make a difference you need to stop using gas. Take the bus or the train for a week and conserve 10 or 15 gallons of gas. If a billion people conserved 10 gallons of gas in one week then that might make a difference.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Something SERIOUSLY needs to be done about the price of fuel on a global scale.

Its the only industry in the world that can really set its own prices, its just wrong. The Governments wont step in as they have too much to lose. Bit like tax on smokes, why would they want ppl to quit, they make too damn much on the tax.

Ada///M. = very mad on the price of fuel.

This isn't gonna work. I've seen this thing every year for like the past 5 years. We all know the purpose of this is to try and show the gas companies we the people have some purchasing power, and to get them to bow down to us. However, even if we don't buy gas on 9/10, because we all need gas all we'll do is fill up on 9/9 or 9/11 and the gas companies will still sell the same amount of gas.

You really want to hurt them? Pick 1 gas company, and stop buying gas from them period. If everyone stopped buying say Exxon-Mobil (the largest world oil company, but not sure if that's true with BP now) and they saw a significant decrease in revenues while their competitors revenues surged, and they knew it was because prices were too high, they would almost be forced to cut their prices and all the other companies would have to follow.

Guest *Jedimaster*
You've gotta be kiddiing me- my moth in law sent me this the other day- she sedns it every year- every year I reply with "welcome ot the internets" :lol:

I personally think that this hurts the individual gas station owners more than the oil companies. The other thing that has been circulating around emails and teh internet about not buying gas from companies that buy oli from the middle east doesn't make sense either. I have a Mobil station a 1/4 mile form my house. Every gas station that "buys" American oli is farther away. By the time I drive to a farther gas station...I've burned more gas.

If we all want to save gas we should all drive more fuel efficient cars and generally not drive as much.

btw: I like the way this thread is in the General Funny forums.

gas station owners make only $.01 - $.05/gallon. They make 99% of their money on cigarettes, food, drinks and services (oil changes, car washes, etc).

Good to know. But I still don't think that not buying gas for one day will make a difference to the oil companies. Oil prices are a complicated mess. They are tied to our social structure, special interest groups, the government and our foreign policy...etc, etc.

Destroying all the SUVs by sending them into the sun...that would help more. :)

Archived