LegacyGT.com

Er hc after engine swap...

Swapped the longock in my LGT and went to turn it over and cranked and almost started. I instinctually let off the ignition but it wasn't quite enough to keep it going.

The second attempt to start the car I had a code on the cluster of "Er hc" and if you leav the key in or about 1min ACC begins to flash on the clock... Fuel pump does not prime, fans did not kick on (as mine usually do on start up), and there is no power to the radio.

From what I've gathered this is an issue with CAN BUS but I've seen nothing about the flashing ACC in combination.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/27/4ega6una.jpg

All my grounds are in place, battery is charged, I've replugged in the main harness and reset the ecu and still nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

It has to be something simple.

After the ECU reset, did you leave the key in On for 10 seconds before you tried to start it ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

It has to be something simple.

After the ECU reset, did you leave the key in On for 10 seconds before you tried to start it ?

I did not. Left the negative terminal off last night. I should have time to play with it tomorrow. Gonna start with the starter.

Long block, you using that blocks harness ?

Same harness. Had the shortblock rebuilt after it swapped it in Dec. Block failed as a result of premature ring wear from corrosion on cylinder walls.

10 years old....who knows.

Good luck.

If the ground path is not good the ECU will not get it's test signal back in time. Cost me $200 to learn that lesson on the Civic.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I'm thinking that could be contributing. :/ I'll reaffirm...again. Another odd thing is when the ignition switches over to ON I have no power at the OBDII...

That sounds like a ground for sure. I have had a couple AP customers have this issue after major installs and turned out to be the engine grounds under the hood. If anything loosen them and retorque just to be sure.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

It was the grounding block on the back side of the TGV's. Must have forgotten to tighten it down. Glad it was something simple...

Great, im not the only one that forgot those when I did my TGV deletes :)

• 4 months later...

Ok, I'm back lol...with the same code.

Car was running and warm. I attempted to read Rom from ECU...gave me error code on computer. Tried rereading a few times with no luck and low and behold Er Hc code has returned...call will not crank. Fuel pump is constantly running. Sounds lick it's stuck in test mode...car ran with no issues for the last 4K.

As always, any help would be appreciated.

Have you unplugged the battery and tried to reset the ECU ?

underdog may be some help too, PM him.

I hate electrical problems.

Underdog has been giving me some suggestion. PM'd Frank_ster but I've yet to hear back. Not expecting a lot with the holiday.

Tried the force flash and ecuflash is acting like it cannot read still. Prompts us to look at previous log for reference and says its in the middle of a previous log session.

Also, the temp gauge is maxed out...

I have not. I'll try and grab a multimeter here soon. Going to recheck at the fuses under the dash and make sure something wasn't missed. Everything under the hood is good.

Had a buddy, who works at Subaru, come over last night and he brought with him the Subaru obd2 they use at the stealership. It was unable to communicate with any system of the car but threw this list of codes...

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/31/9c6dd73b0ea112f83fbf96d24804847d.jpg

Archived