LegacyGT.com

Er hc after engine swap...

• 1 month later...

Not really where to start looking for a short...electrical is something I've always shied away from...not my forte.

Checked all my fuses today in the bay and cabin and #13 (20amp 12v Power) was blown in cabin. Replaced and connected my terminals I have no power in the cabin whatsoever. Terminals had been disconnected for about three weeks while I was away on vacation.

I'm going to plug my positive terminal in and see if I can follow the positive line with a test light and verify my fuse box, etc are getting power...probably going to have to take this to someone with more time and a heated workspace...this 15 degree weather is getting brutal.

• 2 months later...
It ended up being a bricked ECU. Windows H8 crashed the program and as soon as I touched the key the damage was done. Sent the ECU to COBB and they had it back to me in 72hrs from the time I shipped it. Car fired right up!! I was so impressed with their customer service and help that I purchased an AP and am selling the tatrix.

• 8 months later...
It ended up being a bricked ECU. Windows H8 crashed the program and as soon as I touched the key the damage was done. Sent the ECU to COBB and they had it back to me in 72hrs from the time I shipped it. Car fired right up!! I was so impressed with their customer service and help that I purchased an AP and am selling the tatrix.

I've been emailing back-and-forth with COBB this week and I have unfortunate news for the LGT community.

The COBB rep told me "We actually don't perform ECU recovery services anymore unless the issue arose during the use of an Accessport. Our repair tech's simply don't have the time to be handling the influx of non Accessport related failures, etc." (from an email on Jan 18, 2016).

I've been emailing back-and-forth with COBB this week and I have unfortunate news for the LGT community.

The COBB rep told me "We actually don't perform ECU recovery services anymore unless the issue arose during the use of an Accessport. Our repair tech's simply don't have the time to be handling the influx of non Accessport related failures, etc." (from an email on Jan 18, 2016).

I wonder if www.tuningalliance.com can help you. Email Mike tell him I sent you, tell him what Cobb told you.

May be that's something he might want to start doing.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived