LegacyGT.com

uel headers on 2007 legacy non-turbo

No AVO results are very impressive when they posted the dyno sheet i about fainted :lol: went from 118hp at the wheels to 201hp

Right and they say that is from as low as 4.5 - 5 psi so..... Can't just be 200whp with there set up.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm looking forward to watching (again) someone put more money and time into an economy sedan than it would have taken to peruse craigslist and pick up an off-the shelf model with ultimately higher performance.

Don't worry about the "i" envy; all of us GT owners have it. We also struggle with chronic back pain from having to tote around our enormous johnsons.

This is a hobby of mine... to subscribe to threads in which people throw money, logic, and sound advice to the wind to walk a path scattered with the credit card statements and scrapped parts of the literally hundreds of wannabe Hickstas that came before them.

It's fun.

I didn't come here for an argument. Really talented though just take what I posted and change some of the wording around. To bust out a joke. Yes economy sedan at 175hp and a gt with ultimately higher performance? at 243hp? great 70 more ponies. Im trying to achieve 243 from my na. Any way guys thank you all.

As long as you know what your getting yourself into. Don't say we didn't warn you.

Hey I took a 1992 Honda Civic Si and made the 1.6L into a 586whp beast. I could have bought a house for what that cost.

This will be fun to watch.

Good Luck.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yes economy sedan at 175hp and a gt with ultimately higher performance? at 243hp? great 70 more ponies. Im trying to achieve 243 from my na. Any way guys thank you all.

That's OK... but it won't be N/A when you do. And you'll likely spend more than I spent to get 300 HP out of my GT.

I'm all for doing things differently. Doing things the same as everyone else is just following the path of least resistance. But keep in mind, sometimes the path of least resistance is as such because it's been smoothed over time by the footsteps of way smarter people.

Tits mcgee

Smart people are few and far between on car modifying boards... the smart ones don't modify their cars at all!

Seriously though, we all suffer from the same disease. If the OP wants to waste his money, by all means, have at it. At least, I'm not gonna stop him... mostly because I've wasted a ton of my own $, and it makes me feel a little bit better about being an addict. :lol:

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

As long as you know what your getting yourself into. Don't say we didn't warn you.

Hey I took a 1992 Honda Civic Si and made the 1.6L into a 586whp beast. I could have bought a house for what that cost.

This will be fun to watch.

Good Luck.

I'm right where with you stupid yes I know and like you said I'm warned all the money I put in my camaro yeah so long house.

I'm right where with you stupid yes I know and like you said I'm warned all the money I put in my camaro yeah so long house.

You will regret the decision to do this later in life im sure... but hey whatever makes you happy! Id love to race your turboed 2.5i after you are done to show you why you should have just got a gt instead of throwing your money away. You also aren't factoring in the engine rebuild and better brakes and suspension you are gonna need to upgrade to handle the crazy amount of power at 6psi or whatever you're planning on running lol

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Id love to race your turboed 2.5i after you are done to show you why you should have just got a gt instead of throwing your money away. You also aren't factoring in the engine rebuild and better brakes and suspension you are gonna need to upgrade to handle the crazy amount of power at 6psi or whatever you're planning on running

I think you mean "spirited driving." :lol:

You will regret the decision to do this later in life im sure... but hey whatever makes you happy! Id love to race your turboed 2.5i after you are done to show you why you should have just got a gt instead of throwing your money away. You also aren't factoring in the engine rebuild and better brakes and suspension you are gonna need to upgrade to handle the crazy amount of power at 6psi or whatever you're planning on running lol

I thought of it all that's why you all think it's a waste. I have done it before many times just not with an import other then a friends nissan. I'm all in to custom work and Frankensteins. But sure beat down the guy looking for help and answers as key board warriors should. Does anyone know of an aftermarket company that makes performance parts for these ej25 motors? Sure we can race after I'm done with it.

I thought of it all that's why you all think it's a waste. I have done it before many times just not with an import other then a friends nissan. I'm all in to custom work and Frankensteins. But sure beat down the guy looking for help and answers as key board warriors should. Does anyone know of an aftermarket company that makes performance parts for these ej25 motors? Sure we can race after I'm done with it.

We aren't beating you down we are trying to get it through your head that for the investment its just not worth it. But hey its your money do what you want with it. I wish you luck! Let me know when you are done with everything and if I still have my gt at that point we will meet at the strip for some spirited driving

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

We aren't beating you down we are trying to get it through your head that for the investment its just not worth it. But hey its your money do what you want with it. I wish you luck! Let me know when you are done with everything and if I still have my gt at that point we will meet at the strip for some spirited driving

I understand thank you all again. I have allot to think about.

I think it's one of those situations where you know what the best solution actually is. However, since you already have the 2.5i, it may just appear 'easier' to take on the project. If you took all your time and resources, and put it towards a gt, you'd have a 300+ whp monster that handles better and has more overall value.

However, if the challenge is what you're after, and modding a 2.5i is your thing, get to it! :)

I'm just thinking if your going to spend all this $$,$$$.$$ on a 3500lb chassis, you could go a lot faster in a 2500lb chassis. Lot's of civic's out there.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I'm just thinking if your going to spend all this $$,$$$.$$ on a 3500lb chassis, you could go a lot faster in a 2500lb chassis. Lot's of civic's out there.

Adding power to a FWD is like jerking it. Fun at first, but after a while you realize you're just f'ing yourself :lol:

IBslicks.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

Adding power to a FWD is like jerking it. Fun at first, but after a while you realize you're just f'ing yourself :lol:

IBslicks.

I turbocharged 4 FWD Nissan's before I came to that conclusion myself. I just wish I could use a Nissan motor in the Subaru, cheap and stupid reliable.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

IBslicks.

I guess you haven't seen the number of civic's running mid 8 second passes these day's. Our 1.6L ran 9.85 at 147mph.

I guess you haven't seen the number of civic's running mid 8 second passes these day's. Our 1.6L ran 9.85 at 147mph.

They can definitely be fast, if you can hook up. Not everyone is into running slicks on the street, tho. And compared to a Legacy, a stripped-out race Civic doesn't quite offer the same flexibility or accoutrement, if you will :lol:

My opinion: For usable power on the street, I'd rather have a 300whp Subaru than a 500whp Honda. Wanna go fast for cheap? Get a v8. But that's not what the OP seems to be going for.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

Archived