LegacyGT.com

Oil consumtion

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's a "subby"? Is that like, a BDSM thing?

^ :lol:

I burn about a quart every 3,750 miles. Running T6 5w40.

You'll burn more oil initially if your car has been serviced with conventional, then you switch to regular. I found that true in my case. So don't worry about it, turbocharged Subaru's (well, subaru's in general) burn oil.

i was going through 2quarts every 3k miles. It would hold oil fine until around 1500-2000 miles then just drink it. various kinds of oil, synthetic and conventional.

finally did a compression test, which the results then pointed me to investigate and determine I had a cracked ringland in piston #4.

compression test is probably the easiest way to determine if you have real engine issues.

• 2 months later...

Can you look in the inside of the drivers door and give us the build date ?

I'm still on the OEM pick up with 197,000 miles. Mine was built May 2004.

My thought is the late 2005 to mid 2006 build dates had the issue.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

leaks out crack?

Right, but, he's saying it leaks out the crack in the pickup and right back into the pan. So, technically, it's a zero-loss and the oil light is coming on because it's not reading any pressure, though, unlike in most cases, it's not due to lack of available oil.

Wondering if I have this issue. I'm losing a quart/1k also, which isn't bad, but still more than I would like to see. Didn't some folks have some luck with conventional? I have a newer PCV and AOS.

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

Wondering if I have this issue. I'm losing a quart/1k also, which isn't bad, but still more than I would like to see. Didn't some folks have some luck with conventional? I have a newer PCV and AOS.

Anything in your catchcan? How often are you emptying it?

Archived