LegacyGT.com

Gas mileage?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are right, I'm not concerned with the mileage. That's NOT why I built this engine.
:D

Turbo AWD cars are meant to be measured in Smiles/gallon - not miles. Every couple months someone creates this theme of a thread, and it's silly in my opinion. These aren't hybrids or some eco friendly hyper miler. If you stress about fuel mileage you picked the wrong car. If my mileage averages 15 or so that means I'm doing it right. :cool: Unfortunately due to other cars that I share the road with my average is more around 21.

I really don't you would cut yourself short and not have both? With turbo motors, unlike high displacement motors, both is very achievable.

My other car gets 38mpg, makes 270 Front WHP and has plenty of smiles (unless you wanted cup holders or traction in first 3 gears or snow).

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

I'm getting about 13.5 city and about 22 highway Bone stock 2.5 XT. I rarely drive spirited and have wondered why my mileage is so low. Runs great though.

You're probably not driving it hard enough. Believe it or not, you'll see better mileage when you keep the revs above 3 and below 6.

Wish that was the case with me, If I drive it nicely (3k shifts, slow slow throttle increase), I get 17-18 city, if I drive it like I stole it I get 14-16.

I'm starting to see a trend in air temperatures and gas mileage on highway cruises (engine is prewarmed up before filling up, so cold start is not at fault). If Ambient temp is below 70*F, I tent to get 26mpg or lower, if 70-80*F, I get around 28mpg, if 80+ I seem to get 29-31mpg. Sadly other variables keep on getting in my way, but like I said starting to see a trend.

I wonder if colder air causes fuel enrichment. I am looking over the tune right now to see if there is a table for that. I did notice that in IAT timing compensation, the ecu pulls -2*@80*F, and 0*@70*F. With my Intake AVCS advance (15-20*), there is a chance that I'm past MBT @ ~43* base timing at 70mph. Thus taking away 2* puts me back into MBT zone.

22 Ascent STOCK

I'm getting about 13.5 city and about 22 highway Bone stock 2.5 XT. I rarely drive spirited and have wondered why my mileage is so low. Runs great though.

You're probably not driving it hard enough. Believe it or not, you'll see better mileage when you keep the revs above 3 and below 6.

I'm getting 14.4 and i'm not shy on the pedal. :wub:

edit: I feel I should also mention I drive 7 miles one way to work 5X days a week inside the city.

I'm going to start driving it harder then :) has anyone installed just a catless up pipe and did it help on gas mileage? Do exhaust upgrades and a tune help? I swear I feel like I have the worst gas mileage. Oh btw! About 15k on a new Subaru long block and turbo. 05 obxt.

If I stand on the gas off every stop, I see close to that 16-18

My 3k average is normally pretty damn close to 22, give or take a half point. Rather even mix of highways vs hilly stop and go back roads. I'm also stage 1 tuned, otherwise stock, and a sedan... Does sedan vs wagon make much difference?

This is my overall best so far. I'm more apt to get around 24-26mpg on average though.

It was getting like... 16 before I replaced the blown front o2 sensor, along with cleaning the MAF.

IGhvrUB.jpg

ae94BNM.jpg

I'm going to start driving it harder then :) has anyone installed just a catless up pipe and did it help on gas mileage? Do exhaust upgrades and a tune help? I swear I feel like I have the worst gas mileage. Oh btw! About 15k on a new Subaru long block and turbo. 05 obxt.

A tune should help out your mileage some. Also cleaning maf and new spark plugs could help some too.. if you only have 15k on the new engine you shouldn't need to replace the plugs yet. Auto or manual trans?

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

I have put about 1300 miles on my 2005 LGT wagon since I bought it. my mileage (city) is avg. 16.5 to 17 mpg is this common?

Has 77000miles, cobb cai ,fresh rebuild (due to broken ringland) belt pump etc. 2000 miles on stock turbo (cat ate the orginal turbo) invida catless up, stock exhaust.

Steve

I'm going to agree with everyone here, get it tuned.

I'm making roughly 340awhp and 390tq, and on the freeway I get close to 30mpg's, and per tank I average around 22.5-23mpg. I could propbably do better, but I enjoy the noises too much.

When I first bought my car, I was only averaging high 15's, low 16's. Turned out it had a burnt valve, the piston was beginning to crack, the o2 sensor was bad and it had a poopie tune on it, haha.

This is my overall best so far. I'm more apt to get around 24-26mpg on average though.

It was getting like... 16 before I replaced the blown front o2 sensor, along with cleaning the MAF.

https://i.imgur.com/IGhvrUB.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ae94BNM.jpg

Please do note that MPG number is not an average, look at his Average number. Going downhill my scangauge will read 100+mpg any day lol.

Also have you verified your scangauge versus manual? My scangauge can only be tuned for City or only highway, if I do a both it gives wrong numbers.

22 Ascent STOCK

Commencing to STFU, that's crazy man. I hope the job's worth that sort of drive, mine is bordering on "not worth the time/miles".

I am a Wine and Spirits sales representative and I love my job so yea its worth it. I get to drive my legacy all day and get paid really well for it :)

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Archived