LegacyGT.com

05 OBXT - won't shift into any gear

Benjamin M

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/05/y5aqatyp.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/05/y5yhemuz.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/05/ydagasyb.jpg

Sold it on the spot......jk.

Got it over to the transmission shop. Had a peek at the clutch slave cylinder, it seemed to check out. We roll started it and he attempted to disengage the clutch by driving up to 3k-4k rpm and depressing the clutch, but no luck with that. He showed me how to shift sans clutch, that was neat.

Took it back to the shop and they are going look into it and hopefully have something by the end of Friday.

The shop owner was nice enough to give me a lift to the rental company since they backed out on their pick up service. Fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they break it apart it may be worth it to install a new clutch.

A jammed pilot bearing can be enough for this kind of trouble - as well as the clutch plate stuck to the flywheel, which can be a bitch to break off if it happens.

453747.png

If they break it apart it may be worth it to install a new clutch.

A jammed pilot bearing can be enough for this kind of trouble - as well as the clutch plate stuck to the flywheel, which can be a bitch to break off if it happens.

Don't bring that bad ju-ju in here!!!

But really, hoping for the best, planning for the worst. The whole clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, TOB assembly was installed sept. Of '13.

FX350 as stated in OP.

Car had no clutch issues prior to sitting for two weeks. Symptoms are not consistent with early-wear as reported by a rash of other FX350 owners recently.

I would think if a pad was thrown from the clutch disc it would have occurred en route and would have been immediately noticed. Hard to imagine the pad "dropped" while sitting parked, with the friction disc sandwiched between the PP and FW.

Sorry guys for the delay, I've been in New Orleans for a bachelor party and some since Wednesday evening....wow.

Picked the wagon up today, shifts like a champ. The mechanic said that he did or attempted to actuate the slave cylinder in the bay for the clutch, but that didn't prove effective after going for another drive and trying to break it loose.

Let it sit overnight, next morning took the car out again and the clutch started working again. That's really all he could offer. When I was with him, we would drive in 1st and pump the clutch. I had passed on to him some advice that Rick had given me to brake hard while in 1st with the clutch pedal out. I'm not sure if he attempted this or not.

But it seems that continual driving and and working the clutch was able to get it "unstuck".

Didn't even charge me! :)

Archived