**official random thoughts thread**

s2baru

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Humans are deuterostomes, meaning that the hole that became your mouth formed after the hole that became your anus. There was a point in your development where you were basically just an asshole. Most politicians never made it past this point.

Teaching Latin America this week...one of my favorite lessons - Reggae history! BOB! Always have to skirt around the Mary J tho as high school students would only focus on that then.... Otherwise I enjoy opening up that music to a predominately group of country listeners.

How many of you guys, lowered and with a primitive racing skid plate, would even dare to go over this thing?

20141123_125549.thumb.jpg.071961afb75133b9ae093f5a1b99d074.jpg

20141123_125554.thumb.jpg.426fb8f0810279cdce0df662b4e9ecc1.jpg

20141123_125559.thumb.jpg.ab465fafba630c5b28772d3ac3b25ecd.jpg

20141123_125601.thumb.jpg.cbf0dfd986684bfac8c1a2762c229ea7.jpg

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

How many of you guys, lowered and with a primitive racing skid plate, would even dare to go over this thing?

I can't stand all these weird speed bumps. the regular asphalt half moon bumps are fine. but shit like this that is made out of what looks like sidewalk material and those gotdame plastic ones. i wish i had a plow and a beater truck so i could just drive around destroying them.

Plus you cali folk don't have a many needs for a truck really.

They're a lot like the people of Phoenix, stop at the wrong light in the city and you may get a bunch of guys jumping into your truck bed expecting to be going to a job site.

They're a lot like the people of Phoenix, stop at the wrong light in the city and you may get a bunch of guys jumping into your truck bed expecting to be going to a job site.

Are you sure we aren't talking about south Texas?

Most people don't have much use for a truck most of the time. I'm probably just jaded, but I don't get having a truck, or at least not one bigger than a Ranger/Dakota/etc., as a DD. Granted, I just moved away from an area with a pretty good collection of street queens. Buy a half-ton pickup, get a bolt-on 3" lift, ditch the stock wheels and tires for something that screams at you on the highway (and bitch to anyone who will listen about how expensive they were) and rubs the fenders (and talk about getting a taller lift kit), and threaten to run over anyone who brake-checks you for tailgating them.

Yeah, definitely jaded.

Most people don't have much use for a truck most of the time. I'm probably just jaded, but I don't get having a truck, or at least not one bigger than a Ranger/Dakota/etc., as a DD. Granted, I just moved away from an area with a pretty good collection of street queens. Buy a half-ton pickup, get a bolt-on 3" lift, ditch the stock wheels and tires for something that screams at you on the highway (and bitch to anyone who will listen about how expensive they were) and rubs the fenders (and talk about getting a taller lift kit), and threaten to run over anyone who brake-checks you for tailgating them.

Yeah, definitely jaded.

Hahaha! It's just a status symbol for most, although they will never admit to it, even with 15 mpg and $100 gas tank fill ups. Reminds me of the giant ass furniture piece of color TV that my grandparents had in the 1970's, they considered it a status symbol, but the room it was in was so small that the tube was basically in your face and you couldn't even focus your eyes on it.

I'll be buying the new Bronco when it comes out or a slightly used f150 ecoboost. Otherwise a grandcherokee.

Can't exactly haul 2 fourwheelers or snowmobiles with a lowered lgt.

There are ALOT of city kids here that think they're country. They havent even been on a farm, mom and dad buy them 30-45g truck. Toss on a 4,000+ set of wheels/tires like you say and then complain about gas of that they dont want to ruin anything they just did. Lol

They wouldnt dare do this and my old bronco was super nice

4x4 Muddin 78' Ford Bronco:

:lol: I pulled into a San Diego area Home Depot to pickup some grease for the hitch, the load-leveling bars, and the anti-sway bar. I was in the Dodge Quad-Cab LB 2500HD with the 14' cargo trailer on behind. Before I even got it parked and the engine shutoff, the truck was surrounded by "laborers" who wanted to help me with my work.

They wanted to know what I had in the trailer and what I was planning to do. Told them I was just stopping to pickup some things and when I came out, they were still by the truck waiting for me to take some of them with me.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

My SIL has a 2014 Ford EcoBoost FX4 - loaded to the gills with every option and while it's faster off the line, it doesn't have anything close to the grunt the 2003 Dodge Cummins TD has off the line with a load on behind, and definitely doesn't have the hill-pulling capability that the Dodge does.

He averages ~12mpg around town, 16 on the road. The Dodge gets 18-20mpg around town and 24 on the road. Even loaded, we were getting 20 mpg on the road pulling a 6000 lb load and a big sail of wind resistance. He figured he'd get less than 10mpg with that kind of load. But, for him, it's all about the big wheels (20" stock) and the twin-turbos, read: Hype and fashion over function. For me, it's all about the functional capability delivered

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -