LegacyGT.com

viable steering rack upgrade?

naimouasta

Unfortunately I don't know yet but should have a better idea in a couple weeks when I complete the swap on the LGT. I won't refresh the LGT rack and put it in the OBXT until spring. I'll be running 6MT Spec.B springs which should put me ~1/4" higher than stock Spec.B height as well (due to weight differences plus rear spacers).

I have an old, outdated build thread for the Legacy but nothing for the Outback yet. I'll make an updated one for the LGT after the next round of mods, and one for the OB in the spring when it actually has something interesting to show.

Within 2-3 weeks I would say, assuming I have the parts by then. I bought the solid STI u-joint. P/Ns taken from the NASIOC or IWSTI thread (can't remember which).

34170VA030 - Qty.1 - '15 STI Steering U-Joint

34110VA120 - Qty.1 - '15 STI Steering Rack

I'll also look at swapping the rack bushings - currently have WL KSR207 in the LGT rack. I also have a Cusco rack brace I've been meaning to install. Will report on all of that in a new thread.

Are you planning on installing steering rack bushings? I think I want to do this to my Outback. But waiting to hear what it takes. Thinking GS TMIC or this. Probably get more enjoyment out of this than a TMIC on a VF46.

Yes I am going to install steering rack bushings and the Cusco brace. Will also be using my Whiteline roll center correction kit outer tie rods. I agree that the rack will make for a much more tangible improvement versus a TMIC on a VF46. There is already a dramatic difference going from my OBXT to LGT on account of the different racks (among other things).

Underdog - can you update here with the link to the new thread? Thanks

Of course!

Archived