LegacyGT.com

2015 Legacy Order/Pre-order.

im2c0ol

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A Comparably Equipped C300 4MATIC Sport Sedan is just under 51,000.

That build includes

Leather

Premium Package

Multimedia Package.

Even a Comparably Equipped CLA-250 Is just under 44k

I crossed shopped it with a Audi A4 2.0T Prem Plus, S-Line & etc. I just did not want to buy an outgoing A4 (refresh in 2016)

Leases were pretty darn close and Audi included all the maintenance as well.

I am sure MB will offer some attractive leases once the new C Class is out.

Not to mention MB's technology will be light years ahead of Subarus.....

I crossed shopped it with a Audi A4 2.0T Prem Plus, S-Line & etc. I just did not want to buy an outgoing A4 (refresh in 2016)

Leases were pretty darn close and Audi included all the maintenance as well.

I am sure MB will offer some attractive leases once the new C Class is out.

Not to mention MB's technology will be light years ahead of Subarus.....

Agreed about the leases. Plus, my employer has a fleet agreement with MB which gives me a very decent discount. I'm still leaning toward the Subaru, but as I'm turning in an E class, I'm going to see what they're willing to offer. I'm leasing either way, as I don't want to purchase a Subaru without having owned one previously (I have no idea what my experience will be). My wife just went to a BRZ from a BMW 328xi, but I'm finding it hard to turn my back on German sedans.

Regarding the technology, I think Subaru's Eyesight is superior in many regards. Having owned several MBs however, it's been my experience that MB will not release technology unless it's thoroughly tested and ready for prime time. I'm anxious to hear users' real life experience with Eyesight.

Agreed about the leases. Plus, my employer has a fleet agreement with MB which gives me a very decent discount. I'm still leaning toward the Subaru, but as I'm turning in an E class, I'm going to see what they're willing to offer. I'm leasing either way, as I don't want to purchase a Subaru without having owned one previously (I have no idea what my experience will be). My wife just went to a BRZ from a BMW 328xi, but I'm finding it hard to turn my back on German sedans.

Regarding the technology, I think Subaru's Eyesight is superior in many regards. Having owned several MBs however, it's been my experience that MB will not release technology unless it's thoroughly tested and ready for prime time. I'm anxious to hear users' real life experience with Eyesight.

I am sure MB will give you a great deal if you were to lease again.

I am on my 5th or 6th Subaru (Leases keep getting cheaper for the same car) . They are pretty dependable, cheap and easy to maintain. Dealer experience wont be anything near what you experience with MB or BMW. Fit and finish on German cars are still light years ahead and as far as technology is concerned, Subaru is veeery slow as well. This is the first year they are "offering" HIDs as an option when the rest of the world is switching to LED Headlights and HIDs are pretty much standard.

Would I buy a Subaru to be my only car? - No!

But it is a great daily driver and keeps the other toys in the garage and out of harms way.

Keep us posted on your decision.

My car showed up on my dealer's website!! All of my add on options are present in the list, it has a VIN number, and for the Stock # it says "SOLD"! should be soon!

Very nice! How long was your wait so far from order to website, what options did you order? I ordered mine at the beginning of this month and still have yet to see anything.

Very nice! How long was your wait so far from order to website, what options did you order? I ordered mine at the beginning of this month and still have yet to see anything.

I put my order in on July 13th. I just noticed it yesterday on the website. On August 11th, I had my order number.

For options, nearly everything:

Included Packages

Moonroof Package & Keyless Access & Navi & EyeSight ($2,990)

Power Moonroof Package

Keyless Access & Start

Radio: AM/FM Stereo HD Radio & Navigation System

Driver Assist Technology

Auto-Dimming Rear View Compass Mirror w/Homelink

Remote Transmitter w/Removable Key

Illuminated Engine Start/Stop Switch

Pin Code Access

Additional Options

Alloy Wheel Lock Kit

Carbide Gray Metallic Body Side Molding Kit

Driver Assist Technology

EyeSight System

Steering Responsive Fog Lights

Exterior Auto Dimming Mirror w/BSD

Legacy Cargo Tray

Navigation System

Rear-Vision Camera

Subaru Starlink Smartphone Integration

Vehicle Information Display

harman/kardon Surround Sound Speaker System

Rear Bumper Applique

Splash Guards

I put my order in on July 13th. I just noticed it yesterday on the website. On August 11th, I had my order number.

For options, nearly everything:

Included Packages

Moonroof Package & Keyless Access & Navi & EyeSight ($2,990)

Power Moonroof Package

Keyless Access & Start

Driver Assist Technology

Auto-Dimming Rear View Compass Mirror w/Homelink

Remote Transmitter w/Removable Key

Illuminated Engine Start/Stop Switch

Pin Code Access

Additional Options

Alloy Wheel Lock Kit

Carbide Gray Metallic Body Side Molding Kit

Driver Assist Technology

EyeSight System

Steering Responsive Fog Lights

Exterior Auto Dimming Mirror w/BSD

Legacy Cargo Tray

Navigation System

Rear-Vision Camera

Subaru Starlink Smartphone Integration

Vehicle Information Display

harman/kardon Surround Sound Speaker System

Rear Bumper Applique

Splash Guards

Thats awesome congratulations. Sounds like it took almost a month so hopefully I will see mine shortly and get my order number (which I haven't received yet). I opted out for the eyesight system though. Ordered on August 7th.

Hi, I'm new to the forum. On Aug 18, I ordered a black/black 2015 Legacy Limited with #22 (moonroof, nav, keyless entry/start button). When the salesman printed out the form with the VON, it says that estimated vehicle availability is the last week of March 2015! How can that be??? I asked the salesman and he said that could not be correct and that he had submitted an order 8 hrs earlier that said availability would be February. Is something funny going on here?

Hi, I'm new to the forum. On Aug 18, I ordered a black/black 2015 Legacy Limited with #22 (moonroof, nav, keyless entry/start button). When the salesman printed out the form with the VON, it says that estimated vehicle availability is the last week of March 2015! How can that be??? I asked the salesman and he said that could not be correct and that he had submitted an order 8 hrs earlier that said availability would be February. Is something funny going on here?

I could be wrong but perhaps Subaru builds the vehicles and holds them in a parking lot until the get allocated...? Perhaps they already do have the vehicle available and its just waiting to ship out.

And they would hold it 7 months???

My concern is that I used the AAA car buying service that goes through TrueCar. I did not order any dealer add ons. I received 3 dealer bids. This particular dealer was $750 less than the other 2. I am wondering if this is a game, where they order the car so far into the future that when they get another one in inventory that is close to what I want (plus $500 or so in dealer add ons) that they suggest I take that one instead of waiting.

Maybe it's because in New England, our dealers do not buy from SOA but instead from Subaru of New England. They might have some special allocation set aside to allow them earlier access...

• 2 weeks later...

Legacy Sales for August 5,987

Up 51% (I don't know if this is from the previous month, or previous year)

Also, Accord set an all-time record with 51,075 sales

But, for comparison:

Audi A3 - up 10,465% to 2,430

BMW X5 - up 41% to 3,497

Cadillac Escalade/Escalade ESV - up 77% to 3,534

Chevrolet Corvette - up 309% to 2,679

Kia Soul - up 50% to 15,069

Mazda Mazda2 - up 42% to 1,080

Nissan Versa - up 46% to 14,630

Nissan Maxima - up 62% to 6,110

Subaru Legacy - up 51% to 5,987

Toyota RAV4 - up 52% to 35,614

Lowlights (sales down > 30%)

Acura RLX/RL - down 52% to 216

BMW 7-Series - down 43% to 529

Buick LaCrosse - down 36% to 4,454

Cadillac CTS - down 35% to 2,592

Dodge Viper - down 58% to 38

Fiat 500L - down 97% to 33 (stop sale inhibited)

Ford Taurus - down 35% to 4,430

Hyundai Equus - down 42% to 253

Infiniti Q70 - down 65% to 174

Kia Cadenza - down 69% to 522

Lincoln MKS - down 48% to 585

MINI Cooper Hardtop - down 45% to 1,581

Nissan Juke - down 44% to 2,353

Scion iQ - down 49% to 219

The Indiana plants capacity is 400k cars per year, with expansion underway to up the capacity to 600k per year by 2016. Subaru says they are currently selling all they can manufacture, which would be about 33,333 cars per month. So Legacy looks to be about 20% of total production capability. Not sure if they have the flexibility to add more lines, or if the Legacy is stuck to a static production limit. What were the sales figures for the other Subaru models?

The Indiana plants capacity is 400k cars per year, with expansion underway to up the capacity to 600k per year by 2016. Subaru says they are currently selling all they can manufacture, which would be about 33,333 cars per month. So Legacy looks to be about 20% of total production capability. Not sure if they have the flexibility to add more lines, or if the Legacy is stuck to a static production limit. What were the sales figures for the other Subaru models?

The 400k limit probably includes the Camry. The Outback which is also made at that plant was 11,428 last month. Subaru does not manufacturer at any other models at the Indiana plant (the rest are from Japan).

To answer another poster question.

The 51% increase is compared to August 2013

Archived