BL/BP Legacy GT Meaty Tire Thread

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 8 months later...
Mmmk so, considering Some SSR xt01 wheels for my lgt, in 18x8.5 44 offset. What would be ideal tire to use without having to roll the fender (if necessary I will) but I'm looking to have a flush to fender fitment. I do daily it. 235/40 sounds about right?

The problem with wanting a flush fit is that to achieve that usually takes a fender roll on these cars due to the prominent lip underneath. The fitment your suggesting is right on the edge of needing to roll but if you do need to it will be very slight to get you where you need to be, just enough to not do the onion peeler routine on your tires. The 235 isn’t your problem but the 44ET may be.

Mmmk so, considering Some SSR xt01 wheels for my lgt, in 18x8.5 +48 offset. What would be ideal tire to use without having to roll the fender (if necessary I will) but I'm looking to have a flush to fender fitment. I do daily it. 235/40 sounds about right?

I have on my lgt wheels in 18x7.5 45 offset. It's really tight at about 225/45 (bridgestone potenza RE050A). Honestly due to the prominent edge of the interior it does not touch by millimeters.

Photos of my legacy for references

DSF6778.jpg

DSF6757.jpg

IMG-20200619-200421.jpg

Edited by Ajerezcl
add photos

Thanks for the comments and images guys. I ordered the wheels and as soon as the come in I'm grabbing measurements for some tires. I'm between a 235/40 with a slight roll, and a 225/ 40 but I'm afraid I might not like the stretched look much. BTW I'm going with Michelin pilot sport 4s for tires.

Idk how helpful this really is, but here's a 17x9 +45 with a 235/40/17.

It was a meaty 235 tire and I'm lowered over an inch all around, stock fenders. I had minimal rubbing inside and out, nothing to be overly concerned about

334694476_Screenshot_20210428-1949003.thumb.png.48a94d108ce5d6bad2102c42927a32de.png

Edited by BoozeRS05

• 2 weeks later...

a gt-r came in with 285/30/19 they wanted to swap for something else. tried to buy them for "deal". would have been perfect on my 19x8 wheels :)

on a more realistic note, work has a place that fixes and certifies wheels. going to drop off my damaged rays wheel to get the curbage fixed. then look through the discard pile for a set of supersports. have to check if a 245/19 fits

• 1 month later...

925cef7c67e48c205bc6cbbe6084a294.jpg

Got my 16x7.5 +40mm, but you all have street set up, i’m looking for gravel or mud tires for this sht box. i have no idea what i’m doing. do tire shops let you just throw tires on and see how it looks or what..? explain to me like i’m a 12 year old please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

925cef7c67e48c205bc6cbbe6084a294.jpg

Got my 16x7.5 +40mm, but you all have street set up, i’m looking for gravel or mud tires for this sht box. i have no idea what i’m doing. do tire shops let you just throw tires on and see how it looks or what..? explain to me like i’m a 12 year old please.

sure a shop will let you do that. you pay tire mount/balance fees each time tho. have you jacked up your car and mounted the wheels to see if they fit yet? cause if the wheel doesn't work, adding a tire doesn't make it better.

65 section width is going to put a lot squish in the wheel well. Off-road geavel tires are narrow. off-road sand tires are wide. Here's a rally gravel tire in your size rim - https://www.demon-tweeks.com/us/maxsport-rb3-tyre-247189/

not sure what your goal is, but it might help get answers if you coughed up some information on where you are, what you want to do.

this thread, https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/faq-offsets-sizes-rims-and-tires-gt-xenonk-version-vol-262472.html , has a full list of everything that fits and doesn't fit.

Edited by boxkita

It will take some trial and error, but I'd say go with a 225/55/16

Edit - I based my opinion on willtheyfit, seems like a safe bet compared to the stock configuration.

662892778_Screenshot_20210613-1203352.thumb.png.a0ad12570b6e994d1410ecffc1728a21.png

Edited by BoozeRS05

sure a shop will let you do that. you pay tire mount/balance fees each time tho. have you jacked up your car and mounted the wheels to see if they fit yet? cause if the wheel doesn't work, adding a tire doesn't make it better.

65 section width is going to put a lot squish in the wheel well. Off-road geavel tires are narrow. off-road sand tires are wide. Here's a rally gravel tire in your size rim - https://www.demon-tweeks.com/us/maxsport-rb3-tyre-247189/

not sure what your goal is, but it might help get answers if you coughed up some information on where you are, what you want to do.

this thread, https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/faq-offsets-sizes-rims-and-tires-gt-xenonk-version-vol-262472.html , has a full list of everything that fits and doesn't fit.

yes because no one online could actually answer me about 16’s fitting and they do.

yes because no one online could actually answer me about 16’s fitting and they do.

that link has this (which is online):

16 in. rims (for 2.5i, 2005-on) only:

195/60/16 (great for snow rally or snow use)

205/55/16 (OEM sizing which is also good for some non-tarmac surfaces)

215/55/16 (oversized for the rim protection, but very sloppy sidewall handling)

215/50/16 (wider footprint used for more daily driving without harsh gas consumption)

225/50/16 (great for autocrossing, still usable for daily driving all year round)

Attempted meating...

2005 LGT

245/35/18 Pirelli PZero - published specs are 9.8 section width, 24.8 diameter

18x8 +48 (or 45?) TSW Nurburgring

3 degrees front camber (Mooresport top hats, Tokico struts)

2 degrees rear camber (Whiteline rear links)

Moderate fender roll/pull all around. The pull up front was completely unnecessary (due to camber) and I'm not sure any was needed in the rear either.

It drives great, but it came out less meaty than I had hoped. When these tires wear out I'm either going to try 255/35/18 (I think there's room, but might need a couple mm of spacer) or coilovers and 255/40/18.

Or maybe just a wider 245/35. Well see.

NewTiresDownTheSide.thumb.jpg.173b60103abf1b498d505bd4eba9f075.jpg

Edited by NSFW