LegacyGT.com

Anybody buy/sell a Spec B recently?

Exclusive? Sure, but only in 06-07. The 08-09s aren't numbered.

The car is also about to have its 60K mile service which costs a pretty penny.

I really didn't buy the car for it's exclusivity. My QSM '08 is probably the most common spec.B, but I could really care less. I bought it because it's a LGT+. The best (production) 4th gen LGT, hands down. I don't think anyone can argue with that, especially after they added the 6MT, etc.

As far as the 60K service is concerned... I had an inspection and the 60K service done on my car 2 days after purchase, just as a sanity check. It was $700, plus $125 bucks more for the drive belts, since they were 6 year old OEM belts. $825 total. It's mostly a fluid swap, but it gave me peace of mind.

OP, it sounds like your'e in no rush to sell, but 21.5K AFTER the service sounds like a fair price.

If I might..

If you were ever to sell your Unique the monies garnered here would be what represents True Value to you and your potential seen.

We are an honorable lot,over enthused perhaps but honest.

I recently bought my 2009 Spec.B from a guy in Wisconsin for $18,500 with 77k miles. I would say your car is very fairly priced for the mileage, rarity, and condition.

I shopped for 3-4 months for one literally looking everyday about 3-5 hours a day (yeah a little much) and did an insane amount of research which is where my opinion is coming from, hang in there and you'll sell it.

I just picked my 06 last month. I knew exactly what i wanted and was willing to pay the premium for it. I payed more on the high end of the scale for the car but to me its worth it to get what i wanted without settling.

I could have gotten a similar car for a few thousand less but none were perfect for me. I held out until i found the right one. Im sure the same will happen for you.

Auto trader? What is this, 1999? Go on craigslist. Broaden your audience and you may get more bullshit, but you'll get more buyers. Also, if the wheels are just plasti-dipped, peel it off, it really cheapens the look.

So I figured I'd offer my two cents here...

I sell cars for a living, and I recently purchased my 2009 Spec.B with 49k miles. I was not moddified, has a clear title, clean carfax, one owner, etc. Found it here on this forum, the owner was asking $21,500 and we settled at $19,700. Realistically, this is more than I wanted to pay, but it was the best candidate i could find, and the seller delivered it to me 600+ miles away for no extra cost so it was worth it. Also included was all weather mats and an extra grille.

Truthfully the mods don't make it worth any more. And to a non-enthusiast, this is a 5 yr old car that has questionably low miles, and costs as much as a brand new car...

With that said, an educated person would be weary of a car like this at that price because with its age, it is likely to put them in a situation of negative equity if they finance. I hate to say it, but what you're asking is unrealistic. KBB and even NADA is JUST a guide. They are not necessarily a fair price (hence the low offers). But look around and you'll find that a dealer will sell their cars for less than the KBB or NADA prices because, as it was mentioned by another user, everyone wants a deal.

Listing the car at that price is not necessarily the problem, but if you lowered it, you WILL get more offers. People see a number that high and think, "I can't even negotiate down to anywhere near my budget". Lower the price, and you'll probly find someone willing to pay a little more than they originally wanted due to rare-ness(ish).

Also as mentioned by another user, cut out all the BS. Stick to just the facts. Talk about how the car was taken care of/driven. not how much power it makes from the mods. If you want to list the mods, fine, but leave it at that. People looking at this car will do , or have already done, extensive research on what it is. Don't believe me.. whens the last time you spent $20,000+ on something without knowing everything there is to know about it. And coming from someone who sells cars everyday, people don't want to be "sold" on things anymore. Let them sell themselves.

Hope this didn't offend you or anything, just thought I'd chime in from an outside perspective with some relevant experience.

Best of luck selling though! Car looks great!

Auto trader? What is this, 1999? Go on craigslist. Broaden your audience and you may get more bullshit, but you'll get more buyers.

Ugghhh I hate Craiglist. I'm a wuss and will only post a car for sale there as a last resort.

Auto trader? What is this, 1999? Go on craigslist. Broaden your audience and you may get more bullshit, but you'll get more buyers. Also, if the wheels are just plasti-dipped, peel it off, it really cheapens the look.

Craigslist sucks for cars of any real value all you get are d-bags emailing you asking if you'd take 60%less than your asking price.

I refused to list my 3000GT on there so I didn't have to deal with people offering me $4000 when I was asking $9900

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

Archived