LegacyGT.com

Miss my WRX

Don't get me wrong, My OBP 05 LGT was my dream car for years while I had my WRX. I was thoroughly impressed and resorted to keeping my LGT as my desktop background; until that time I was ready to 'upgrade'. During last Sunday/ Monday's snow event, I am driving home on umplowed roads- about 2-3 inches of snow. Driving in a straight line, when all of a sudden my car starts drifting uncontrollably. I almost did a 360, but regained control. I know I'm no 'STIG', but I've never truly regained the confidence I had when I had my WRX, I'd just point the nose and that baby would correct itself and go where you pointed it. Just seems to me, like my Leggatron is not as predictable. :icon_sad:. I know many of you would be like; " Oh, that douche can't drive!", but trust me I can hold my own. Just weird that the car would lose control without change in driving imput or a corner, incline or anything. Oh well, just wanted to share.:rolleyes:

Every situation is different. But being new to snow/ice driving, I'm genuinely curious as to what the WRX would offer that would have not resulted in the same situation for you. I thought the LGT and WRX were mechanically similar (I know not identical).

• Moderators

Tires / suspension were the same on both cars? Assuming both of your cars were manual, and tires / suspension setup was the same, the results in slippery conditions should be largely the same if not better with the LGT since it has a bit of extra weight to it.

How fast were you going?

So far, when I'm in the slippery stuff the OBXT with winter tires just goes in the direction that I point the wheels. It's great :)

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

I miss my '09 WRX with a passion- it always let me know what was going on with it and felt so much more stable in the bad weather.

When I lived in Vegas I would take the WRX to Boise every month- even in the winter- and I could do 65 in blizzard like conditions with no problems on he back roads of northern Nevada. The LGT? Seems to freak out just doing 30 and very vague on the roads here in CO.

Setups:

WRX- Bridgestone Potenzas, Perrin 24 adjustable anti-sways

LGT- Continental DWS, stock everything else

I almost wonder if the weight is working against the LGT- she feels like a boat with a fat ass in the corners, but I will with hold final judgement until I can upgrade the RSB.

But I still miss my WRX........

Thanks guys. AC_3C2 and Lee07 youknow what I'm talking about. I had worn out all season Michelin pilots on the wrx and now I have pretty new All Season Goodyear F1 tires. Suspension set up was stock on WRX, LGT has Bilstein/Tein. Who knows..the extra power ( stage 3) can be a factor too, not to mention the WRX does have a shorter wheel base. But let's not get our long johns in a bunch. I still love my LGT and the mature, sleeping dog persona it has.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I found it to be the opposite, I had an 01 Impreza 2.5RS, that wasn't the most confidence inspiring vehicle I'd had in the winter. Actually the Celica All-Trac I had was better than it. That All-Trac was probably almost as good as the 04 WRX I had. My Legacy is far beyond better than all of em combined it's stupid. Best winter car I've ever had or driven, far & away.

Did I read Goodyear F1 all season tires /

Did someone else say, "tires, tires, tires, tires," ?

Why did you buy those tires and think they would be good in the snow ?

I bought Conti's DWS because of the on line reviews as a pretty good winter tire.

My 05 wagon currently has 4 y/o Blazzacks and it sounds like its better then your car.

You also have to use your head more then your foot in the snow.

Also, you never know what is under the snow at any given time, don't always think its the car.

Last Sunday driving back from VT, oon rt103 just south of Chester, the snow was melting on the warm pavement, the air temp was 27F, as you drove thru the water the car was fine. As you drove another 40ft where the water dripping off the cars had frozen you could feel the car move around. That's not the car, its the conditions.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived