LegacyGT.com

Gauging interest: DDE Lightning (aka Angel Eyes, Halos)

RPM

Deepfreeze,

They'll be safely tucked away inside your headlamp assembly, so they wont be directly exposed to the elements. Temperature does not affect them at all.

TSi+WRX,

Thanks for the great reply. Wiring can indeed be done any way you choose. Most people either wire them into the parking lamp circuit or wire them direct to the ignition so they are on any time the car is on (DRLs).

Check out the pictures of the Mazda 6 in the first post. This should give you a good idea of how well they can be seen in the late afternoon. They are clearly visible at all times, even at noon on a sunny day, especially if you black out your headlamps to provide some contrast.

They are also able to be distinguished from the normal headlights to a degree. Obviously, if you are 50 feet away looking straight at the front of the car, you probably wont see much other than headlights, especially if the car has HIDs. But if you're closer to the car or at an angle where you aren't in the direct beam of the headlights, you'll be able to see them.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wired the halos in my Integra to the park lights. I also wired another switch between the power from the lights to the halos that allowed me to turn them off independently of the parking lights. I liked them to get the power from the parking lights because that way they would blink when I armed the alarm, but I also liked being able to turn them off when I didn't want them on. I'll probably do something like that with these too. I look forward to the wiring challenge. :) Maybe I'll start running wires and switches now so that it will be quick when I get the rings.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Deepfreeze,

They'll be safely tucked away inside your headlamp assembly, so they wont be directly exposed to the elements. Temperature does not affect them at all.

Thanks for the reply. Liking 'em even better now.:D

(Leave it to me to worry about the cold.:rolleyes: ):lol:

:orly:YA RLY!!! Home of +2500 useless posts!!!!

RPM - Sounds great. :) Highly looking forward to this product.

OCD - That was actually the way I wired my interior neons (just simple string highlights for the unlit driver's and passenger's armrest controls, on my TSi). The selective on/off was a big plus. Good idea for the halo..... ;)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

i'd be interested, especially at a discounted group buy price

mee toooo

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Question...? What are the chance we could get a set of these up here to Canada...or better yet to Vancouver BC?

I am in if you can!

International shipping will not be a problem. I'll post any additional costs along with the group buy when it starts.

I would be interested to. What temp do these run at?

Are you referring to color temperature or physical operating temperature?

The color temperature will be right around 6000k. They match both 5000k and 6000k HIDs really well and we will be providing discounts for those who purchase both a DDE Kit and an HID Kit at the same time.

The physical temperature while they are turned on is very cool. You could hold them in your hand indefinitely if you wanted to.

Are you referring to color temperature or physical operating temperature?

The color temperature will be right around 6000k. They match both 5000k and 6000k HIDs really well and we will be providing discounts for those who purchase both a DDE Kit and an HID Kit at the same time.

The physical temperature while they are turned on is very cool. You could hold them in your hand indefinitely if you wanted to.

any chance for amber?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived