LegacyGT.com

Gauging interest: DDE Lightning (aka Angel Eyes, Halos)

RPM

I just called Mines again to see what's going on. He said he should be posting the pictures around 10pm PDT. It will be too late to start the GB at that point, so I'll probably just do it in the morning. I apologize for the delay. You can all yell at Mines when you see him. ;)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ johndas -

"Baked headlights" is LGT.com terminology (and you'll find this to be similar for most import-sport-compact tuning communities) for opening the headlight housing unit.

One of the more popular methods for softening the glue used to seal the headlight housing is by literally "baking" the entire unit in an oven, typically at between 250 to 290 deg. F., for between 15 to 5 minutes.

:)

Have a search in the "Walk-Throughs" section, under "headlamp" or "headlight CLEARING," and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Allright guys...guess my humor flew a bit over your head...was getting a little bored waiting for those pics...

Th qualify my statement and question I will bring you guys out east up to speed...British Columbia is well known as the "Bud" aka "Weed" capital of North America...we joke that it's our largest export...

So with that said I was making a simple reference...I was sure one of our Cali buddies would have picked up on it...

But alas the info was great...Been reading those threads!

Cheers and Peace out!

ill add comments later here are the pics

will post some night pics soon (my camera is only picking up glare, need to wait for my sister's camera)

ps. no one yell at mines, san marcos is 2 hours away from my house, and i couldn't post pics in my irvine apartment, cuz i dont internet yet.

1027411816_Angeleyes002.jpg.af9ad366ffffa42a636b40a476fe5b63.jpg

519889329_Angeleyes003.jpg.5ab0fa39c3aa32cd092f66a33fc01ea3.jpg

1187243418_Angeleyes004.jpg.5bc5942f12b8235b023b91ee514d4778.jpg

1692879024_Angeleyes005.jpg.9e60266df2adf34f522d5d06749e4fce.jpg

1763094248_Angeleyes006.jpg.2e7bae018627028356ebb9c98bd0e0c5.jpg

2007810237_Angeleyes007.jpg.04e31be3e7d9d4c9c461dfa7159b2206.jpg

1067602977_Angeleyes008.jpg.650d27265235db130bc0da1d91ecff9b.jpg

ill add comments later here are the pics

will post some night pics soon (my camera is only picking up glare, need to wait for my sister's camera)

Thanks Mines. How soon will you be able to get the night shots? I'll probably go ahead and start the group buy using the night shots from other vehicles, but I know that some people will want to see them on the Legacy. We hooked you up with a great deal on your kit, so please help us to get this going as soon as possible. Your own personal opinion of the kit would be great as well!

Look for the group buy tomorrow morning!

group buy group buy group buy group buy group buy group buy

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

Mines, would it be possible to get some pics without your headlamps on? Or is it not possible to turn them off? Just curious.

Also, for those watching, you should know that while these do not match normal halogen lamps very well, they look astounding with HIDs.

i hooked up the dde's to my daytime running lights so they are always on (if u wanted to, you can disable the normal drls so that only the dde's run during the day)

also i like the halogens with the dde's cuz they make a nice contrast

ok for the details

these ddes run at 6500K (they look "electrical" when on). They install straitfoward, all the procedures are the same as clearing the headlights. The dde's halo does not go around fully so there is a gap in the circle. You can angle the halo any way you would like to (I had them slanted because i think it looks meaner). These lights are very visible, even during the day.

Unfortunately, we can't offer a full circle. In fact, I'd bet money that even the ring in the picture is not truly a full circle. It does appear to come much closer than our kit, but there will always be a gap of some size on any lamp using similar technology as there must be a beginning and an end.

However, even despite the gap, I would venture to say that they still look brilliant. I'm not very good at photoshop, but I took the opportunity to black out the headlamps so you could get an idea of what these would look like without the headlamps on. In this case, the gap provides a sinister look. See attachment.

Additionally, if you have (or plan to install) eyelids, the gap would be a moot point, as the eyelid would cover that portion of the lamp anyhow.

645009822_Angeleyes014a.jpg.8dbb65cf3074e441f31d785c4c3f41f8.jpg

Archived