LegacyGT.com

Gauging interest: DDE Lightning (aka Angel Eyes, Halos)

RPM

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The prototype installation is complete. I took some pictures and transferred them to wilds USB drive. He promised to take some night shots and post up pics tonight.

Jim Powell

XtecUSA

Thanks for the update Jim! It sounds like the prototype fit was a success. Hopefully Mines will post the pictures soon!

I'll be getting the group buy ready and should get it posted tomorrow. Stay tuned! ;)

^ johndas -

"Baked headlights" is LGT.com terminology (and you'll find this to be similar for most import-sport-compact tuning communities) for opening the headlight housing unit.

One of the more popular methods for softening the glue used to seal the headlight housing is by literally "baking" the entire unit in an oven, typically at between 250 to 290 deg. F., for between 15 to 5 minutes.

:)

Have a search in the "Walk-Throughs" section, under "headlamp" or "headlight CLEARING," and you'll see what I'm talking about.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Hmm...baked?

Us folks from British Columbia don't understand? ?

Can you rephrase that?

pop em in the oven.."bake" them...split them open, take out orange reflector, put in DDE lighting, put some silicone around the cracked open headlight, put it back together and hold em tite...and...bada bing..bada boom! teh cool headlights.

Archived