LegacyGT.com

Is it me, or is the excitement around here dying a bit?

well...my guess is that until more ppl actually buy it...the discussions will sort of die out. i ordered mine and am waiting on delivery...personally, i do hope that there will be a strong aftermarket community for this car in the coming months. i think if the forester can do it then the legacy can definitely get the support.

It's just you. My sense is that those of us who have not only driven the new Legacy but driven home in one (mine a regal blue pearl Ltd. 5MT) are even more enthusiastic than we were at first blush.

I joined to find out more info on the '05 Legacy GT. I now have a 5MT Atlantic Blue base GT Sedan on order. Oh the maddening wait.... So the excitement is still at a high. It'll give me a chance to pore through all the info on this board.. :D And the [url]www.rideanddrive.net[/url] test drive is coming up in less than a month, and that will only fuel the excitement even more!

[quote name='chinchy']And the [url]www.rideanddrive.net[/url] test drive is coming up in less than a month, and that will only fuel the excitement even more![/quote] My gf and I are awaiting the one in Philly. She owns a awd '91 Leg Turbo - she's pretty excited to try the new Leg too. - Mike

I dunno if I am an indicator of what is happening with this board, but I am on several times daily checking up on things, I just jumped on this month or so, and I am in the middle of a fight with my own brain/wallet about whether to get an 05 GTLW or live with the WRX. I have contacted 2 dealers just today and am feeling out the price for one. So for me, the excitement is building and I am reading almost every post that comes up. I even know about GTguy's dread of modding. GeoB

This is a great board but my attention has swithched to the thought of being $500k in debt when a buy a house in a couple of weeks. It would not be financially wise to trade a 1 year old WRX this year so I won't be an owner in the short term but still very interested.

There does not seem to be much nationwide interest among automobile enthusiasts in the Legacy GT. As a comparison, if you go to vwvortex.com you will see pages and pages and pages of new threads everday devoted to the MkIV Golf and Jetta. I would consider the MkIV Jetta and Golf to be inferior to the Legacy, but they seem to generate tremendously more online discussion. Here, in the 2005 Legacy forum, you see less than a dozen new threads everyday.

Something to remember fellas, this place is still very green! It's only been around since January. I was on the Cobb forum right around when that started up and it was very similar. VWVortex and others have been around for some time. Give it time. I still like the smaller, more personable atmosphere when forums are starting out. :cool:

I think what we're seeing is a lull between the initial launch excitement and inventory building up at dealer lots. As the new Legacy becomes better known to the rest of the world, we'll see lots more people turning to this forum. But every morning I come back to this forum, I always see 100+ new messages so I think interest is growing. Ken

[quote name='SUBE555']Something to remember fellas, this place is still very green! It's only been around since January. I was on the Cobb forum right around when that started up and it was very similar. VWVortex and others have been around for some time. Give it time. I still like the smaller, more personable atmosphere when forums are starting out. :cool:[/quote] Enjoy this now, I think. Having been a member of the Vortex for 4 years when the new mkIV platform came out, I can quite safely say that 90% of all the vehicle/parts/tuning knowledge and important issues came out in the first year to year and a half. Now [b]every[/b] topic is some newbie who doesn't know how to search. I find it quite disgusting.... :roll: I personally am praying the same doesn't happen here. Also, I strongly dissent with outahere's statement of the VW's being inferior to the Subaru's.

[quote name='Gumby']This is a great board but my attention has swithched to the thought of being $500k in debt when a buy a house in a couple of weeks. It would not be financially wise to trade a 1 year old WRX this year so I won't be an owner in the short term but still very interested.[/quote] I feel your pain Gumby....Im footing a 231K mortgage by myself and its not easy between fixing up and dealing with tenants. :(
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']I don't know about anyone else, but I am still excited.. I still haven't recieved my car yet :([/quote] Dude.. I am too buzzy to driveing my GT to be excited! Can't wait till I get fired from my job from reading the forum too much so I can drive more! :P

Frankly, I'd say no news is good news. I've been on other car forums after the launch of a redesign and they were buzzing with people having problems. BTW.. I came here to check to see if there are any problems with the Legacy as I just test drove one. JNK

Guest *Jedimaster*
You'll turn people off to this site if you do that "Do a search" shit with them. Link them and tell them about the search function so next time they'll do it. Don't let this become Nasicock part Deux. And things have died down a bit as a bunch of us have gotten our cars. Just wait until people start modding them- even minor things- and this place will explode.

[quote name='Ninjapimp'] Also, I strongly dissent with outahere's statement of the VW's being inferior to the Subaru's.[/quote] Which comparable VW products do you think are superior to the Legacy GT wagon or sedan? The Passat 4-Motion? The R32? Something else? I was considering the GTI VR6 for purchase this year because it offers a lot of features (except AWD) for the money, but took it off my list because of long term reliability concerns and VW's poor warranty service.

All I see is bunch of people discussing the wait and test drives with some ocasional info from new owners. I get a feeling that people that have a car already too bisy driving with :D on the face. I found myself being guilty on this one, if I have any free time I just drive somewhere (Dear, what do you mean you didn't put letuce on the shoping list? that means that I'll have to make a special trip to the store for it, I'll go right now - no it can't wait - you said that you need it :) ). And I can see some exitement aout it on the streets. I had many times people checking the car out - guy in 350Z, moded Camaro, STI, Police Interforcer ( I was going little under limit, I swear - I checked it), and more. At red light some guy in classic corvete looked at my RBP sedan - I looked at his car, He revved the engine, I did too, I opened the window and said nice car, he did the same. Here comes the green light - we carefully accelerated from the intersection to legal limit. That time I enjoyed not going fast.

I must admit I am guilty of not typing up many posts. I discovered this site just before I picked up my GT, and since then I check daily for any interesting information other than peoples test drives etc. which I find kinda boring. I know how the car handles - and I am having a ball driving it. As a matter of fact, its 9.30pm here in Adelaide, and I got the urge an hour before to go for a quick spin through the hills. :twisted: Lots of turbo goodness! I love seeing photos of peoples rides though! I'm hoping to see more Aussie GT drivers on this site soon. (hint hint AGCTR). :D Cheers, Matt

Archived