LegacyGT.com

Is it me, or is the excitement around here dying a bit?

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='kevin@kingofimports.com']jdm coming soon.... :D[/quote] *rubs hands together and twists mustache* :D

[quote name='outahere'][quote name='Ninjapimp'] Also, I strongly dissent with outahere's statement of the VW's being inferior to the Subaru's.[/quote] Which comparable VW products do you think are superior to the Legacy GT wagon or sedan? The Passat 4-Motion? The R32? Something else? I was considering the GTI VR6 for purchase this year because it offers a lot of features (except AWD) for the money, but took it off my list because of long term reliability concerns and VW's poor warranty service.[/quote] I'm not saying that the VW's are flat out better cars, because as you've mentioned and as i have witnessed first-hand, they have disgusting warranty service and poor QA processes. This is true. I would however say that if VW fixes their quality issues, I would get one over a Subaru in an instant and here's why: [list=1] [*]One-touch windows [*]quicker spoolin turbo engine/way less lag [*]stereo in Leg is underpowered for price range [*]Better paint / thicker paint in VAG's (VW/Audi offer a 12yr rust perforation warranty) [*]Price on VW in particular is way cheaper, but just as modifiable and just as fast (until you reach the limits of WWD) [*]Dampened hood shocks [*]Dampened trunk shocks [*]and probably about a million other fine details that Subaru doesn't offer standard like gas cap holder, 60/40 seats, single control up/down/back/forward roof [/list] Now don't get me wrong, I think the Suby is a great car (which is why I bought one). I just can't say the VW is [i]inferior[/i] because I think it has many great features over the Leg. Just my .02 :)

[quote]I would however say that if VW fixes their quality issues, I would get one over a Subaru in an instant and here's why: [/quote] As an Audi owner I see NO evidence that I can ever expect VW to bring their quality level up to anything approaching the Japanese brands, and they continue to deny the existance of several significant issues with the A4/Passat. Case in point...timing belts. It's widely known within audi enthusiest circles that 1.8T timing belts are time bombs after 60,000 miles, yet the manuals suggest that they can go more than 100K miles, and dealers suggest changing them anywhere between 75 and 100K miles depending on the dealer. AoA will not recognize this problem or do anything about it. That's just one issue. Personally the little convenience features on my A4 don't come anywhere near offsetting the pain of keeping the car on the road. Not to mention the fact that the leg GT outperforms any stock A4 for considerably less money and has just as much mod potential.

Archived