LegacyGT.com

Cheep air intake

What to know what everyone thinks about this for an intake and it's cheep.

Ok so they sell the mass airflow adapter in autozone and come filter what if you use the stock tubing and just put the adapter on the end and the cone. would really like some good feedback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheap intake? OEM. Leave it be. Research here and find out why if you don't believe it.

If you're tempted by some Autozone piece, then you aren't running the kind of horsepower that create a situation where you've maxed the capacity of the OEM unit which is a CAI by definition. When you max your MAF and are making over 350AWHP, then perhaps you should revisit this (without some Autozone crap).

Yep, stock intake is hard to beat until your making big WHP.

Keep the stock one.

But its good you asked here before you spent your money. That's a good lesson for you. Ask here before you buy !

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Cheap intake? OEM. Leave it be. Research here and find out why if you don't believe it.

If you're tempted by some Autozone piece, then you aren't running the kind of horsepower that create a situation where you've maxed the capacity of the OEM unit which is a CAI by definition. When you max your MAF and are making over 350AWHP, then perhaps you should revisit this (without some Autozone crap).

Yep, stock intake is hard to beat until your making big WHP.

Keep the stock one.

But its good you asked here before you spent your money. That's a good lesson for you. Ask here before you buy !

You both suck :p

You both suck :p

They are correct, new intake requires a new MAF scales. If you stick to major brand intakes (read: not cheap) you can find a base tune with those scales, but if you do a cheapo one you will need a custom MAF scale. Unless your good with tuning that will cost you big bucks at the local/remote tuner.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

My understanding is that if you do an intake, you need to do a tune seeing as our cars run lean. (correct me if wrong) This is what my local subaru tech told me. Catback exhaust is ok, intake needs the tune.

This makes me sad time to go buy an ap when The tax check comes in

If your going to do it yourself or have a tuner do it, you might as well save your money and get a Tactrix + Romraider. Access Ports don't seem to have any tunes outside of Cobb intakes, which are not cheap either.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Just an FYI for 07+ owners. I tried doing it the right way with APV3 and SF intake to get some more of that boxer/turbo noise without getting an exhaust. Unfortunately, Cobb makes an intake for for 07+ LGT, but no tune that supports it. I found that out the hard way.

Just an FYI for 07+ owners. I tried doing it the right way with APV3 and SF intake to get some more of that boxer/turbo noise without getting an exhaust. Unfortunately, Cobb makes an intake for for 07+ LGT, but no tune that supports it. I found that out the hard way.

Wtf y would they do that lol

I use the stock air box with a AEM drop in filter and the intake silincer removal. No complaints :D

What did u use to cap the hole where u took the jug off I've heard some story's of wire mesh getting sucked into the filter

Archived