LegacyGT.com

Perscitus' 2010 3.6R Build Thread

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Awesome. Do you have the whiteline part number for those bushings. 26mm right? That would be amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whiteline no longer makes a service kit for the 26mm lgt fsb. If you must have their 26mm bushings you will have to do as I did...get the fsb and use only the bushings and brackets. By the way, whiteline no longer makes the 26mm fsb either so better make sure they are in stock from wherever you order it.

Edit: whiteline has about a dozen or so 26mm bushings that look similar but I dont know and whiteline doesnt seem to know which one fits...if any of them do.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Bastards ^^^

Whiteline no longer makes a service kit for the 26mm lgt fsb. If you must have their 26mm bushings you will have to do as I did...get the fsb and use only the bushings and brackets. By the way, whiteline no longer makes the 26mm fsb either so better make sure they are in stock from wherever you order it.

Edit: whiteline has about a dozen or so 26mm bushings that look similar but I dont know and whiteline doesnt seem to know which one fits...if any of them do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You forgot to do the air box ;)
Good eyes Rob! Its done, just haven't picked it up yet from Underground. Plus I'd install it last (its the only piece I couldn't purchase a plastic backup for: the front of the stock airbox I have a second piece and that's what was CFed)

I've seen your other threads on the new 2015 WRX. Can you draw some comparisons? Potentially extend to how a modded 2005 LGT would compare to new 2015 WRX?
Hi ashwinearl. I can't give you a good comparison with a modded 2005 LGT (never owned or driven one) but from what I've seen with the 2015 WRX vs say a stock 4th/5th gen Legacy or a modded 5th gen Legacy - here are my 55 cents:

The 2015 WRX has materials and fit/finish quality similar to the 4th gen, if not a notch better. A vast improvement over the 5th gen Legacy and a sharp contrast with any (aside from maybe the BRZ) of the other current and upcoming Subaru offerings. Yes, that includes FXT, XV and 6th gen Legacy/Outbacks. Impressive

Cabin and cargo room is similar to the 4th gen as well. Plenty of room for a B-segment sedan, to me it felt roomier than a VW Jetta/Bora, BMW 3 series, Audi A3/A4, Mercedes CLA, etc. Impressive. A 5th gen Legacy 'boat' (as our older brother's from another mother like to call it) is roomier and I appreciate that space, but I can easily and comfortably fit four 6'+ adults in the new WRX and go for a 300/400+ mile road trip.

Stock suspension (with inverted rear struts, pillow-ball bushings galore, relatively thick front/rear sway/stay bars) shines. Its got a distinct OEM feel (good comfort, yet firm) but with handling, cornering characteristics of a thorough and well-balanced aftermarket setup. The car is also dropped about a 1" when compared to the outgoing model so in my book, for a DD, its already at a ride height perfect for use. No need to mess with the setup at all, at least not significantly.

My Legacy is on RCE Blacks and Bilsteins and the ride height is almost identical with the 2015 WRX on comparable tires/wheels. The WRX feels just as firm but a notch less harsh over potholes, bumps, etc. Wife/girlfriend approved. I bet that's in part thanks to being new (fresh bushings all around, no wear/tear yet). To me it feels ideal, many might say its too harsh/firm but they won't be from the enthusiast crowd we find here.

The FA20DIT feels right at home in this chassis. The curb weight is perfect for it in terms of power to weight ratio. Both the 6MT and HT-CVT are a good fit too, both fun. The HT-CVT is nowhere near Nissans' sad attempt or even Subaru's more vanilla CVT found mated to the 2.0i and 2.5i engines across the line-up. In stock form, the engine has plenty of DD oomph. Torque delivery and throttle response is very good, I bet in part thanks to DI and in part thanks to the twin-scroll boost characteristics. I can only imagine what this engine can do with a simple Stage I tune, not to mention at Stage II and beyond. Stock or Stage I seem perfect to me for a DD. More than enough.

Stock audio is not great, just as on the rest of the line-up. My brother's car came with the Kicker upgrade (all-around) which helps but lacks mid and high-freq balance. The mono sub in the trunk has no volume control (we're adding it) and overpowers everything you listen to - from AM/FM to SAT, MP3s, through Bluetooth streamed audio or voice calls. Adjusting the EQs to remove as much of the low-freqs as possible helps - but still not ideal. Work in progress. In comparison, my 5th gen with 'Premium' audio and upgraded tweeters, no sub, sounds much better... at least more natural and I can hear all the nuances of different types of music. I also don't need to turn the volume up to hear them or down to prevent bass overload.

Overall, I'm very impressed with the 2015 WRX. Its a great car.

Work in progress. In comparison, my 5th gen with 'Premium' audio and upgraded tweeters, no sub, sounds much better... at least more natural and I can hear all the nuances of different types of music. I also don't need to turn the volume up to hear them or down to prevent bass overload.

I was definitely a lot more impressed with the audio in my 2013 Legacy over the 2014 WRX I drove... I was kind of a pain in the ass to the salesman (He was a really good sport about it and a super nice guy though and didn't seem to care) about sitting in the back of every car, turning the volume up, playing music in each car, etc.

A 5th gen Legacy 'boat' (as our older brother's from another mother like to call it) is roomier and I appreciate that space, but I can easily and comfortably fit four 6'+ adults in the new WRX and go for a 300/400+ mile road trip.

I'm 6'4", and while I haven't sat in the '15, I sat in the back of the '14; I was a lot more comfortable in the Legacy than the WRX which was a factor for me. The WRX wasn't bad mind you, but the Legacy was better in that regard in my opinion. For what it's worth, I probably wouldn't want to sit behind me in a WRX for 300 miles. Is the '15 more roomy than the '14?

Thanks for the feedback KFCConspiracy.

Yes, surprisingly the 2015 WRX is essentially just as roomy (inside the cabin) as a 4th gen Legacy. Lots of leg room in the back seat. Plenty of head room, even with the sun/moon roof.

I still prefer my Legacy for road trips and overall like the extra room it provides (6'3"), but I could live with the 2015 WRX for sure.

<2015, not so much. My brother is 6'2" and seating directly behind him, I had plenty of room.

• 2 months later...
Coul you please explain the results of "- DIY Voltage Stabilizer v2 (100K uF capacitor bank) by EricTioh" what was the goal and where did it land? I was thinking about one on my wrx, power wasn't ever clean, but outback seems to be much better.

Sure thing Archi. I had this installed on two previous cars, the Legacy (now for 2 years) and most recently my brother's 2015 WRX.

Seems to work best on older cars with either poor or deteriorating grounds and/or degraded batteries and weaker alternators. But on new or fairly new cars it does seem to cleanup voltages flowing to various electronic systems throughout the car.

I've noticed everything from no headlight dim, better audio quality, better AC operation (?) to improved idle and more consistent sensor readings, 5EAT shifting and overall in-gear operation. The car also turns over easier and seemingly fires up a bit faster.

All details here:

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1289791

fueltrim.JPG.27a12dfacfc981ba94b46a95f4ce5289.JPG

fueltrim_19tps.JPG.130ea275a8c69b4d47ded20978fc5295.JPG

timing_19tps.JPG.033613f630222972ea359ae3c7e9e1b7.JPG

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived