LegacyGT.com

Cincy05LGT's 2005 LGT Build

Aw you'll be fine. It'll be just like when I take my scout group hiking. The slowest goes in front to set the pace. You'll have fun because I'll be trying to stay on your tail, and I'll have fun because he'll be trying to stay on my tail. Even the slowest car can break ahead of the group at times, so having more HP in the rear gives everyone the ability to catch up with the car they're behind. It also helps keep the group's speed mostly under control. I'm all for driving dangerously fast, but driving fast as a group in an uncontrolled environment is asking for trouble. I like to think of it as driving irresponsibly, in a responsible way :)

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New vs old. Rears are bolted up, fronts go on later this week.

How crucial is corner balancing really going to be to get maximum handling for autox? I have a shop in mind, but would prefer to just get a max camber alignment. f1429d573353f3d3aca82a7111174483.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Edited by Cincy05LGT

Nice! I just finished mine over the weekend. I set the front at 48mm and the rear at 38mm. It's sitting 26" floor to lip both front and back. Ride is much nicer than I expected. Firm, but not harsh. Obviously handling is much better.

4b6aaef1d4c7f3eea1eea1eee6789c82.jpg54f9bf78ce9bd2f9974ff8998f9c3e0c.jpg

Nice! I just finished mine over the weekend. I set the front at 48mm and the rear at 38mm. It's sitting 26" floor to lip both front and back. Ride is much nicer than I expected. Firm, but not harsh. Obviously handling is much better.

4b6aaef1d4c7f3eea1eea1eee6789c82.jpg54f9bf78ce9bd2f9974ff8998f9c3e0c.jpg

That setup looks incredible! I can't wait to feel what this is like at opposite ends of the damping adjustment spectrum, and everywhere in-between.

That setup looks incredible! I can't wait to feel what this is like at opposite ends of the damping adjustment spectrum, and everywhere in-between.

Thanks! I just purchased whiteline roll center kit and LCA bushings. New wheels/tires have been waiting for suspension upgrades since march. Hopefully I will get a chance to get everything installed and aligned over the next couple of weeks. Then on to turbo, injectors, pump and catback.

Well, here's how she sits now. About 1-1/2in lower in front, and 1in lower in the rear. It really looks perfect at KW's default ride height.

Next steps: camber plates, rear adjustable arms, corner balance and autox alignment.

Then wider meats. a53e0545255bf6a7e4e5b3dd5c7fec34.jpg2281f040a8c38568d12673fd17bbf03d.jpg224186d6c007938fde1afdc643199b66.jpg

My Bilstein HD struts/shocks with epic engineering springs will be up for sale soon. They have maybe 15000 miles on them, and have seen 1 Ohio winter, with mixed autox and non-daily commuting. No idea what to price these at...

My Bilstein HD struts/shocks with epic engineering springs will be up for sale soon. They have maybe 15000 miles on them and have seen 1 Ohio winter, with mixed auto X and non-daily commuting. No idea what to price these at...

Pm'd

• 2 weeks later...

3rd gear is totally gone. Every other gear sounds like a blender. It happened at lunch rolling into boost in 3rd, luckily limped it back to work.

Hoping to have an 06+ STi drivetrain to install this winter after all the wedding expenses are sorted. I miss driving this car so much.

Edited by Cincy05LGT

• 3 months later...

Well it's been awhile. Gonna keep it short since I'm on honeymoon, but I'm ready to get this thing moving again. I picked up a used low mileage 5mt from jdmenginespro on eBay and received it last week. Seems in good condition and shifts through all gears smoothly. Aside from transferring sensors and harness, anything I should consider checking before install? Maybe axle seals or output shaft seal?

The 4runner is great, but I can't wait to get some boost back into my life...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Checked the old fluid tonight in the new trans, and everything looks great. No shimmer in the oil, and no chunks as I would expect from a gearbox with less than 55k miles (as stated by the seller JDM engine pro). I got a bit curious about this unit and googled the part number TY757VDCAB and determined from Rallispec's trans catalog that it is from a 2006 JDM 2.0R Legacy, but that's about it. It would be nice to find out if the gear ratios are the same or different. I'm almost positive it has an open front diff and viscous limited center. Anyone know where I could find that info? Anyways, I'll begin disassembly this weekend, and should hopefully have the car driveable again by next weekend.d2aa3dadfca8ce9161a18aa699226429.jpga9ac3ac71ef49b5ee5d392c9bdbb5695.jpg

Check this website.

http://www.gearhack.com/myink/ViewPage.php?file=docs/Subaru%20Transmission%20Chart

Actually, this PDF is better. The first is missing quite a few transmissions.

https://www.rallispec.com/downloads/Transmission%20ID%20Chart_Public.pdf

Edited by Betelgeuse
Provided better link
2007 spec.B - 345/345 - Tuned by Moore Automotive

Check this website.

http://www.gearhack.com/myink/ViewPage.php?file=docs/Subaru%20Transmission%20Chart

Actually, this PDF is better. The first is missing quite a few transmissions.

https://www.rallispec.com/downloads/Transmission%20ID%20Chart_Public.pdf

Unfortunately neither of those resources have the info I'm looking for, for this exact transmission.

Edited by Cincy05LGT