LegacyGT.com

Cincy05LGT's 2005 LGT Build

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cincinnati Testing Laboratories. We're an independent test lab that specializes in destructive mechanical testing of aerospace composites. Basically, I break expensive shit and tell companies like GE, P&W, Rolls Royce, Lockheed, Boeing, SpaceX etc... how good their stuff is.

Cincinnati Testing Laboratories. We're an independent test lab that specializes in destructive mechanical testing of aerospace composites. Basically, I break expensive shit and tell companies like GE, P&W, Rolls Royce, Lockheed, Boeing, SpaceX etc... how good their stuff is.

Destructive testing is definitely the most fun!

Here at Meyer we have our own [small] lab to analyze the work we do in-house (mostly EDM, but also grinding, turning, milling, brazing, etc). Our lab is pretty limited, I think we can only visually inspect small cut-ups, and we may be able to measure hardness. For anything more in-depth than that we usually send it out to somewhere like Sherry labs. Are they a direct competitor of yours?

Destructive testing is definitely the most fun!

Here at Meyer we have our own [small] lab to analyze the work we do in-house (mostly EDM, but also grinding, turning, milling, brazing, etc). Our lab is pretty limited, I think we can only visually inspect small cut-ups, and we may be able to measure hardness. For anything more in-depth than that we usually send it out to somewhere like Sherry labs. Are they a direct competitor of yours?

Yep, Sherry and their parent company Element are our direct competitors. (Although most of our customers say they prefer our PMC and CMC expertise)

Send us your testing work!

I installed the stoptech stainless braided lines, whiteline RCA kit, and FSB lateral locks over the past week. HUGE noticeable improvement in steering feel, I can't wait to get out and murder some cones. Brakes still feel a little squishy at the pedal so I'm planning on another round of bleeding, then a Cusco MC brace. If all that fails, STi MC/booster swap.

My pickup has been removed and replaced thru two short block replacements, so I'm sure it has seen more fatigue than normal. I've seen enough failures come through TiC to pay the premium for a little bit of "engine insurance".

A quick googly image search of "Subaru pickup tube" yields these results. Tube cracks just beneath the flange weld, causing the oil pump to suck air. We all know what happens after that[emoji24] [emoji35] #partout

I have an OEM UP you could gut and use if you want to go the cheap route. Besides that, nothing I have laying around is engine build related. I am thinking about ditching my DC Sports divorced downpipe since it has some rust around the flex section. Could be repaired with a new flex section.

Do the OEM pickup tubes really fail as often as people seem to think they do? Everybody talks about how crappy the OEM pickup is, but I've yet to see anything more than just talk. Is it just a #BecauseRaceCar thing?

Seems to be based on build date. I recall late 2005 to mid 2006 cars have the issue of cracks in that tube.

My May 2004 build car still has the oil pick up tube it came with.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I have an OEM UP you could gut and use if you want to go the cheap route. Besides that, nothing I have laying around is engine build related. I am thinking about ditching my DC Sports divorced downpipe since it has some rust around the flex section. Could be repaired with a new flex section.

Not to sidetrack your thread (again), but...

I considered gutting my UP, but right now it seems like more hassle than it's worth for me. I'd really love to give it a try, but there's only so many time-consuming fights I can fight right now.

I've had some time with the RCA kit installed to make a few observations. Steering feels slightly more firm and snappy, and returns to center much better than before. The car doesn't feel weird over bumps at speed anymore (reduced bumpsteer), and it has a tiny bit less tendency to understeer although it's still really biased due to the sway bar setup.

Last night I got out and bedded in my EBC yellows. Hyuuuge difference over reds. Pedal feel is very linear, and Initial bite is brutal and seems to be improving the more I drive and break them in. To give some perspective, I can chirp the tires and trigger ABS at 70mph. Maybe I need stickier rubber than RE-11.

Next big undertaking is the killer b pickup, windage tray, and oil pan. Hopefully I have time between finals and the next event to get it installed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If you want help on a late Friday night or Saturday morning let me know.

I'd love to come watch or provide moral support :) At least a second set of hands could be useful.

Digging around in someone else's LGT would be a good warm-up exercise for my mid-June rebuild.

I say late on a Friday because my preggo wife would really appreciate me helping get our 3 kids to bed before going out.

Saturday mornings could work because my wife and her twin often take their (7 combined) kids out for activities and I usually get a free pass to exclude myself from the madness.

I'd need about a week's notice to give her time to get something planned.

Edited by StkmltS

An extra hand would be fantastic. I still need to install turbo blanket, flush power steering, install bpv hose, bleed rear brakes, recalibrate wide band, get an alignment, and change oil.

Wideband recalibrated. Waaaay easier than I thought it would be.

Remove sensor from exhaust, unplug sensor, cycle ignition, plug in sensor, cycle ignition, done.

I'm really not digging the angle of this coolant hose, especially given its 115k mileage a week before a track day. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160504/b85ff036e469f311cbcb8ba15bf8d691.jpg