LegacyGT.com

Cincy05LGT's 2005 LGT Build

There's really no way to angle the tank, and tighten it down in that position. I'm thinking I just need a silicon hose with more flexibility.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

found this picture of mine if it helps. don't know why yours is different ?

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4777.jpg

found this one too.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN7058_zpsdclzvyn3.jpg

Here's a better angle of my Spec B

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN7059_zpscxupsvhd.jpg

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I have a clunk that started a few days ago. Everything sounded nice and tight for a few weeks after doing the RCA kit. Clunk is only on drivers side.

Checked torque on:

ball joint castle nut

pinch bolt

camber/strut bolts

tie rod end

Top hat nut

Endlinks

Axle nut

Everything still torqued to spec

Other things to maybe consider?

Wheel bearing

CV

Help a brother out.

Lower ball joint is my first guess.

If you have not replaced the end links, that's what normally goes first, Moog has some for $29.00.The fronts are Moog p/n K750049, rears K750023.

Take it to a trusted alignment shop they can fix it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Lets start again, I thought you were talking a clunk in the front end. Sorry.

You telling us you have a clunk in the drivers side rear end ?

I read RCA as rear control arm, is that right ?

googled whiteline RCA kit, found this, https://www.rallysportdirect.com/part/ball-joints/whi-kca313-whiteline-front-roll-center-adjustment-kit

I don't see end links there, sway bar end links. Those are known to clunk going over small cracks in the driveway.

Edited by Max Capacity

I'm talking about drivers front. Sorry for the RCA confusion, I do mean the Whiteline kit. The kit includes ball joints and tie rod ends. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160510/51fb5d656d759f241124e0894b5a7099.jpg

Edited by Cincy05LGT

Do you have a picture of your sway bar end links ?

Those are nice looking Whiteline pieces there.

Do you have a picture of your sway bar end links ?

Those are nice looking Whiteline pieces there.

Don't have a pic on the car, but they're kartboy solid endlinks.

Then if you have upgraded all the parts on the front end have you had the car aligned since the ball joints were replaced ?

I good alignment shop should be able to find the clunking noise.

Sway bar bushings? If I hear clunking I usually start looking with the sway bar:)

I've been running a Whiteline adjustable FSB with poly bushings for 6 years, I'll be sure to inspect it closely tonight. I'm really leaning towards CV or wheel bearing though.

To test a CV you make a tight turn and see if you here it clicking.

Hey is that a after market axle in there ?

They have been known to make noise. I noticed mine was making a noise when I took off from a stop sign with the window down.

When I told my trusted mechanic who installed the left front axle...well I told him there was a noise from the axle, he told me, oh, let me guess, it's making a clicking sound. Drop it off and we'll replace it.

This 3rd one has seemed to last the longest so far.

That's why I tell everyone to reboot the OEM axles.

According to TiC, Subaru stopped carrying OEM reman axles and now only offers them new for $400. I need to get underneath and verify it's the axle before dropping that kind of coin.

I've heard good things about CVs from Raxles.com. Maybe give them a call.

Interesting. I'll give them a look.

So I dropped the car off at a local garage owned by a known SCCA racer and enthusiast. Turns out my FSB lateral locks were contacting the frame, as a result of worn FSB bushings. I'm looking into buying the generic energy suspension bushings with grease fittings, and using them as this guy did:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php

Despite the rain, I had a pretty good time at Putnam Park Road Course yesterday. Learning to drive the wet line and then transition to the dry racing line was interesting. The second half of my 3rd session dried out quite a bit and I was able to put together a few mediocre laps. Never got passed, and was pointed by every car in novice group at least twice; even got to touch 115 before asshole puckering and getting on the brakes (ABS) into turn 1. All in all a good day and the car performed well.

Moving forward, I'll need to address my abhorrent understeer issue before hanging with the intermediate group.

I decided to tow it just in case.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160514/d7d20ec89e3051bdd7ce9f96f92b9c07.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160514/a4ee36627f47fec4f449b6318fc76e16.jpg

Here's my extremely slow, boring GoPro footage after a heavy downpour. The racing line is ICE. So, here's my uncut second session, in very wet conditions. Don't bother judging my line or braking points, since there was loads more grip offline, and I was suffering from understeer at turn-in. Had a fun moment at 09:47 while passing a Cayman, and got a little excited when the C7 let me pass.

Were you not supposed to pass mid-turn, or did you just hold off until the straights because of the wet track? At least with the white Miata, it seemed like you were just keeping up it them during the turns, but then you quickly blew past it on the main straight.

Looks like a pretty fun time. I should sign up for something like that. I've done an auto-x race before in my old E36, but never anything on a real track (4 laps on Ky Speedway doesn't count).

Being an instructional event, passing was limited to the short straight between turns 7 and 8 and the main straight, and were point-by only. I was definitely held up by slower RWD traffic most laps because they had zero traction in the turns. This was my first track day, and definitely not my last; i think I'll go back for the next one in July, as well as the Cincy region PDX at Mid Ohio. Edited by Cincy05LGT

Here's some slightly better footage after the rain passed, and the track dried up a bit. Still very slippery, but managed a 1:49 with no traffic. I can't wait to go back in dry conditions and make the G-Meter dance. :spin:

Edited by Cincy05LGT