LegacyGT.com

2007 Spec B 467/454 stock location GTX3576r

I just used Ziptie's dyno. The only shop that has done work for me has been Metric Motors in Centerville, UT. They did the machining and assembly of the motor and heads.

Ziptie is awesome though! I really like the guys there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had some bad luck over the weekend. The new 60mm turbo sucked the airflow straightener out of the MAF housing and ruined the compressor wheel. I swapped the GTX3576r back in until it gets rebuilt.

I did make it to the track tonight with the 3576r. I need a serious driver mod.

Best pass was an 11.836 at 127.44. All the rest were low 12s at 123. The 11.8 was the only pass I didn't miss a shift. All my launches I either bogged it, slipped the clutch too much, or spun and bounced off the rev limiter and then missed 2nd. Best 60 was a 1.89, but missed two gears on that pass. The 11.8 was 1.98 and all the other passes were over 2. Not acceptable for an AWD car.

Density altitude was 5100'. Not too bad for around here.

Next time out I'll have the other turbo installed. That turbo should take me past 130 mph. I'm not going to worry much about getting a decent ET at this point. It's just too hard on the car. Though it would be nice to run faster than an 11.5 and get asked to slow it down :)

IMG_0001.thumb.JPG.74e3e2b788c9a8147040cc57e2478f70.JPG

IMG_0049.thumb.JPG.aa1f18ae83864a60cb86938d14df648b.JPG

Jeez man, learn to drive! J/K :) Still nice times even if they're not what you were hoping for. Beats 95%+ of the LGT's out there I'm sure.

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why don't you go with a speed density tune?

Also, what are you planning to do about your rear axles?

Speed density was discussed a bit earlier in the thread. I use a cutout, so there is a change in VE between cutout open and closed. Anyways, I went to SD for a bit because I was having a hard time tuning a large MAF housing at low RPMs.

I tried Cobb's speed density setup using hybrid mode with SD down low switching to MAF up top. It worked fine except I had a couple issues with the AP.

First, there's no tau compensations. My usual 11.5 AFR rich dip turned into a 10:1 rich dip. This really annoyed me.

Second, the datalogging is way slow. I datalog using the Openport cable's SD card logger and it is lightning fast. I get huge amounts of data. I felt like I was missing out on a lot with the slow AP logging.

So, I took the AP back to Rally Sport and got refunded. I dropped in a 3.5" MAF housing and it works good. Driveability between 1000-2000 RPMs is a bit rough, but nothing I can't work around. I don't spend much time there anyways.

Axles I'm not sure about. I only plan on making it to the track a couple more times. If one breaks I'll price out what new OEM ones cost compared to aftermarket.

Jeez man, learn to drive! J/K :) Still nice times even if they're not what you were hoping for. Beats 95%+ of the LGT's out there I'm sure.

Thanks man. I wish I could have driven it to a faster ET, but I'm just glad I can say it has a faster ET in it. I need some more practice for sure. The last time I was at a drag strip was almost 10 years ago.

Axles I'm not sure about. I only plan on making it to the track a couple more times. If one breaks I'll price out what new OEM ones cost compared to aftermarket.

New OEM are not at all cheap, and good luck finding used OEM.

There is currently no aftermarket option for the specB. I'm working on that though. The more people I can get to buy a set, the cheaper it will be.

That's for rears only? I certainly appreciate expensive racing parts, but that's too rich for me. Hueberger sells stock rears for $285. If I get to a point where I'm breaking axles regularly I'll just detune the car.

First, there's no tau compensations. My usual 11.5 AFR rich dip turned into a 10:1 rich dip. This really annoyed me.

For the Tau compensation, did you just zero out the values like NSFW did on his RomRaider post? I have read that zero'ing out the values helped but caused other issues for some people.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, big turbo went to the track. I still had a hard time getting a clean pass. I managed a best of 11.7 at 128. For reference of what cars run here, the first time I went to the track there was a v10 BMW M5 trapping 110.

I swapped the 3576r back in and am going to stay with it. I've reached my equilibrium point as far as power and driveability goes. The 62/84mm turbo is too laggy for street driving. The 3576 feels like a 16g compared to it.

Right now I need more seat time. 127-128 mph traps are good for low 11s-high 10s. I know I can get it down there. I had a stage 1 STi years ago that I cut consistent 1.7s with. Right now I'm stuck around 1.9-2.0 60s.

• 3 months later...

Just an update. Haven't done much through the summer. Too hot to race and work on the car.

The last time I went to the track in May I managed a 11.68, but started pushing coolant after that.

Finally tore things down a few weeks ago and found stretched studs and a burned out head gasket on the passenger side bank. Block and heads are at the shop getting refreshed and then will go back together with some l19 head studs.

I'm hoping to get to the track Sep. 5th or 12th. If things go well I'd like to come home with a low 11 or maybe even a high 10 sec pass.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I won't be able to make it to the track on Friday. My TiC FU cam bolts won't be here until then. The last track day of the year is Oct. 3 so I might try that day.

I was looking at some old logs from previous setups and thought I'd share the journey my car has been on in VD form. All the way from stock to stage 2 to 16g to 20g to rotated 3576r with a built engine and cams. All pulls were done on the same road, traveling the same direction. You can tell someone has a horsepower addiction :)

Comparison.thumb.jpg.7dea78257df10ab74afad0400683ca19.jpg

Archived