LegacyGT.com

2007 Spec B 467/454 stock location GTX3576r

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The S2 is a 272 duration cam. The lift is like 10.8 for the intake and 10.4 for the exhaust.

I read that thread when I was researching cams. I almost got BC cams because I was afraid of the GSCs failing. But, my builder recommended GSC cams as did another builder when I was doing research.

I've got 200 miles so far. Hopefully I won't have any issues.

Here's a vid of a how they sound with the cutout open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6SbFjY4yXI

That sound is the sex!!! :wub:

I am going to be using the Kelford 272s which seem to be issue free. When I first started ready that tread, I almost shat my pants.

I'm running GSC S1 cams with no issues, 2500 miles now. What made you choose BC valve springs?

Good to hear you haven't had any issues. Makes me relax a little bit.

I went with BC because they were cheaper and I didn't need the spring rate of the GSC beehives or other higher rate valve springs. I checked with GSC and they said they'd work fine for what I was doing.

So I've been out tuning and got this thing to put down a corrected 530 using the Mustang dyno setting on VD. If I use the Dynojet setting, it puts it over 600.

I definitely think it has an 11 at over 120 in it. Launching at 5000 RPMs it went 0-120 in 10 seconds. I don't think that's too bad for a full weight Legacy at 4200'.

Results are in. Did 3 pulls. The first pull was in 4th gear and the other two in 3rd. Made 521, 517, 517, corrected of course.

Here's a vid of the second pull.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoMhQThDZys]Subaru Legacy spec. B rotated GTX3576r 517 whp Mustang dyno - YouTube[/ame]

I'll post up the graphs once I have them. It was really neat overlaying the graphs between the current setup and the stock motor, stock location setup from the first post of this thread. Only lost a few hundred RPM in spool up, but made tons more up top.

f' me......NICE numbers. What do you expect from stock (?) axles at these power levels and when they go - what are you planning to put in, sorry if that was discussed already? Also did you check tranny/diff. fluids? I am especially curious how stock r. diff will hold that kind of torque. thanks

I'm not sure how well the stock axles hold up. If they break I'll just use stock ones again. I don't plan on using a drag radial, so the tires will take most of the abuse. I'm definitely going to be traction limited.

From what I've seen the trans and rear end are pretty stout. One of the advantages of a spec b.

Here's the 4th gear dyno graph.

3-page-001.thumb.jpg.889951547710bdad40d236ae56dac054.jpg

Thanks guys.

Yeah power definitely takes a nose dive up top. I still have the stock ports on the heads too. I was a under timed on the top end and that didn't help with keeping the power going. I've since added 5 degrees of timing up top and it pulls better to 7500, but it's still choked.

I also got a little crazy. I found a good deal on a hta3582r. Should be good for a few more ponies.

Here's the boost graph from the 20g. I use an MBC and that's with no change to it at all.

I used speed density with a cutout on the last car I built. The only way to do it is how you describe; lower boost with cutout closed, higher boost with cutout open.

I used a switch that ran both the cutout controller and a solenoid in my wastegate vacuum line. With the cutout closed it would run wastegate boost and I could adjust the VE table at the lower MAP accordingly. Flip the switch and it opened the cutout and solenoid resulting in higher boost where I had the higher MAP VE set accordingly.

So you're probably thinking, "Why the hell aren't you doing that now?"

Number one, the engine management I used allowed for map switching. By grounding a pin in the ECU you could switch between two different timing and fuel maps. I used the switch that controlled the cutout and boost to control the different ECU maps and arm the meth system. So, switch down = low boost, cutout closed, no meth, pump gas timing and fuel maps. Switch up = high boost, meth armed, cutout opened, meth timing and fuel maps.

It worked well and was a lot of fun. If I could rig something up like that on my Legacy I'd love to, but, honestly, I haven't researched all my options to go down that road.

Do '07's not have SI drive? Seems you could have a tune on sport with cutout closed and sport# with cutout open, and if you aren't using your tgv motors or EBC then maybe have your tuner have the sport sharp switch open an electronic cutout. Or perhaps some other 12v switched unused output.

Yeah my car has SI drive.

That would actually work really well. Using sport sharp to activate relays to open the cutout and arm the meth system. Then I could use the requested torque tables to have high/low boost. I might have to look into getting that to work. Then I could go full speed density and ditch the 3.5" maf housing.

It would be really cool to have SI drive switch between cruise/non-cruise timing maps. This would allow for map switching. Could use the open loop fuel/failsafe fuel maps to alternate fuel as well. Onboard pump/meth map switching on the fly.

So the turbo I ended up getting isn't an HTA3582r. The pictures just looked like one. It is a custom build by Turbos Direct in Glendale, AZ. It falls between an HTA3582r and a HTA3586r. It technically would be considered a 3584r. It has a 7-blade billet compressor with a 60mm inducer and 84mm exducer with extended tips. The tips are 88mm.

It's laggier, but it pulls damn hard. 70-90mph in 1.48 seconds.

Holy balls.

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I was out messing around last night and decided to see how quick I could get a 60-130 time. I got it down to one shift by brake boosting 3rd and taking 4th out to 130. Datalog showed 6.88 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6p9Py3aU6Q

Virtual Dyno has been giving me some weird results (like 600 whp Mustang dyno uncorrected,) so I started using an older program I used years ago. The numbers are uncorrected with a 0.98 correction factor to simulate a Mustang dyno.

Dyno.jpg.d2d4731348214429d5025f3ff9de5dd1.jpg

Archived