LegacyGT.com

Which BPV to Choose?

GoFastBits Mach 2 BPV T9133

Are you tuned on stg 1 already? If so, you might need a retune if the tuner compensated for the leaky OEM BPV

Only recently flashed the Cobb STG 1 OTS map. Any suggestions?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only recently flashed the Cobb STG 1 OTS map. Any suggestions?

Use your AP to monitor your feedback knock, fine knock correction, AFR, DAM, and then whatever else tickles your fancy. Make sure your DAM is steady at 1 and you are getting minimal feedback knock. On a typical drive I see -2 to -6 depending on weather, traffic, how I am driving. These should be the biggest indicator of needing a custom tune or a modified OTS tune. There are 3 versions of every tune available: low wastegate, normal wastegate, and high wastegate.

Get off of it and get a custom stage 1 tune.

That's around the corner, hopefully sooner rather than later. I have a good friend who's produced some very solid results through his work and research. If the vehicle does not end up going to him (as he's halfway across the country) I'm hoping I can find a reputable tuner in my area. There's so many mixed opinions where I'm at.

Use your AP to monitor your feedback knock, fine knock correction, AFR, DAM, and then whatever else tickles your fancy. Make sure your DAM is steady at 1 and you are getting minimal feedback knock. On a typical drive I see -2 to -6 depending on weather, traffic, how I am driving. These should be the biggest indicator of needing a custom tune or a modified OTS tune. There are 3 versions of every tune available: low wastegate, normal wastegate, and high wastegate.

This is some really helpful information. I greatly appreciate it!

Make sure you are at a point that you will be done modding for a while so getting your tune is worth while otherwise I would monitor and then get tuned once. Unless you have big plans (E85/meth injection) down the road then paying for a second tune may make sense.

Make sure you are at a point that you will be done modding for a while so getting your tune is worth while otherwise I would monitor and then get tuned once. Unless you have big plans (E85/meth injection) down the road then paying for a second tune may make sense.

Thanks for the advice! As far as "power" is concerned, I'm not quite sure how far I'll look to take it, but I'll certainly keep that in mind.

As per suspension... well... my bank account and my girlfriend won't be too pleased. But, you live once. Right?

GoFastBits Mach 2 BPV T9133

Are you tuned on stg 1 already? If so, you might need a retune if the tuner compensated for the leaky OEM BPV

Thank you again for the part number and advice. The BPV was ordered last night, and to others recommendations, I've began logging some data during my drives.

• 1 year later...

The turbosmart kompact can support more boost than your turbo can safely produce and more than your engine will handle. That bpv would be the least of your worries. Mine hold 21.xxpsi just fine. I think specs are in the 35 psi range.

Look at the questions on this page. The internals are the same only the mounting flange is different.

https://www.rallysportdirect.com/part/blow-off-valves/tbs-ts-0203-1215-turbosmart-recirculating-blow-off-valve-kompact-plumb-back-black/questions

Thanks! That's a great help. Didn't realize they made them to work like legos with different flanges and ports.

The design of all of them is pretty much the same, just prettier packaging on some and of course noisier options on others.

• 5 months later...
Folks with aftermarket diverter valves - how often do you service them? I'm looking at the Turbosmart Kompact and it recommends every 6 months that you pull it apart and clean the piston and bore, then relubricate and reassemble...

Folks with aftermarket diverter valves - how often do you service them? I'm looking at the Turbosmart Kompact and it recommends every 6 months that you pull it apart and clean the piston and bore, then relubricate and reassemble...

LOL. That's news to me.

Never have for my GFB. Probably should do so just to see how it is looking inside.

Just had a read of their instructions and they claim it shouldn't need cleaning for most vehicles as oily crankcase gas should keep it lubricated enough. And if operation seems different to normal to just dissamble, wipe clean and apply a light layer of engine oil to moving parts.

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

• 6 months later...
The turbosmart kompact can support more boost than your turbo can safely produce and more than your engine will handle. That bpv would be the least of your worries. Mine hold 21.xxpsi just fine. I think specs are in the 35 psi range.

Look at the questions on this page. The internals are the same only the mounting flange is different.

https://www.rallysportdirect.com/part/blow-off-valves/tbs-ts-0203-1215-turbosmart-recirculating-blow-off-valve-kompact-plumb-back-black/questions

Can the linked BPV be used with a 2010 LGT ? Do you just have to reuse a flage from the stock BPV ? Seems like I need a new BPV and having a hard time figuring out what options are other than OEM.

https://www.rallysportdirect.com/part/blow-off-valves/gfb-t9133-go-fast-bits-mach-2-tms-recirculating-diverter-valve?gclid=CjwKCAjwkqPrBRA3EiwAKdtwk6kP1fDULDV3oM13vWRC1PaL9Jjcp3Fm5zNtFj8D2xlvnqfGLGrE7xoCLJYQAvD_BwE

GFB t9133 and t9033 plug and play with our car. You need a 34mm bpv, beware that the 2015+ WRX uses 25mm so those won't fit without some sort of adapter.