LegacyGT.com

Help me out: BarmanBean's Donation Station (thoughts?)

• Moderators

Lately I've found a lot of people asking "do you have this?" and the answer is often yes. Ive actually gotten rid of a bunch of spare parts recently, but I'm sure I'll build them back up again in short order. What can I say, I'm a pack-rat--most of you know this.

I'm thinking that starting up a "donation station" of sorts would be helpful for some. Maybe the name needs work since I don't plan to actually give stuff away, but rather to loan out parts that can be used to make certain swaps easier. Examples:

-Want to get your stock headers PnP'ed by grimmspeed? I have a set that you could borrow so you would have no downtime.

-Want to replace your LCA bushings? I have a set of LCAs that are sitting on the shelf waiting for new bushings

-Building konis? Well, I don't have front struts right now, but usually I do :lol: I do have all of the other pieces needed for assembling struts though (dust boots, spring perches, etc.)

The proposed parts list so far:

-Exhaust headers / crosspipe (in stock)

-Front LCAs (in stock)

-Front struts and assorted bits for konis (partially in stock, need to source front struts and possibly front top hats)

-Sidefeed TGVs (need to source)

-Topfeed TGVs (need to source)

-Sidefeed stock injectors (need to source)

-Topfeed stock injectors (need to source)

-05/06/07 headlights (should be in stock shortly)

-08/09 headlights (need to source)

-Rear upper control arms for bushing replacement (need to source)

Things like that.

If anyone thinks it would be helpful I'll try to get it going. I would take parts in donation and put them into circulation if folks want. Basically all I would ask for is shipping + a core deposit for whatever parts you want. When said parts are returned you'd get your core deposit back. Core deposits would likely be equivalent to the price of replacing the part should anyone choose to never send back their old parts so the program could continue.

Suggestions from anyone who has done anything similar would be helpful. Suggestions of other donor parts to try and have on hand? Bring 'em on.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

BorrowMyBits

I can see this being helpful. The exhaust manifold collectors or some TGVs to use as a no downtime solution for some Grimmspeed love is definitely something I'd be interested in at some point. Only issue for me is added shipping cost due to being on the other side of the states, but that's really only problematic for bigger heavier items (shocks for example). For locals this is much less of an issue.

• Moderators
BorrowMyBits

I can see this being helpful. The exhaust manifold collectors or some TGVs to use as a no downtime solution for some Grimmspeed love is definitely something I'd be interested in at some point. Only issue for me is added shipping cost due to being on the other side of the states, but that's really only problematic for bigger heavier items (shocks for example). For locals this is much less of an issue.

I don't find shipping to be all that hateful on most stuff--cross that bridge when you get there. Shocks across the country are probably $25-30 at most.

• 1 month later...

I have a good selection of parts that I could add if needed.

OEM rear wagon struts, OEM f&r sway bars, heat shields, intake bits, used set of 225/45/17's winters that will pass inspection, UP's, shifter & knob, etc..

Glad I stumbled on this... will probably be borrowing the front LCAs for bushing work when I do suspension stuff. I'm all about having parts ready to go on versus pulling off, working on parts, and then putting back on to minimize car down time. I'd much rather pull off and immediately put back on.

Good idea. :)

• Moderators

Go for it guys.

For now I'll say that I'm operating on an "as needed" basis. If you need something, feel free to PM me and I might have it. When I get finished remodeling my garage and get things back in order and come up with some storage/shipping solutions I'll come up with a list of available parts.

• Moderators
I have my stock OBK XT struts and springs available if you would like them.

Might take you up on that in a couple of months--I have my set as well that I could use for donors--if I could get a hold of a second set I may cut them and explore making proper spacers so Outback folks could install konis. Has anyone done that yet? I have a machine shop that could eventually make the proper spacers down the road if I can get dimensions right...

Archived