LegacyGT.com

Who has the fastest legacy in CO?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone want to race eating a sandwich?

I'm effin hungry now!

Heading to Jimmy Johns for lunch FTMFW!

I'm looking at about 4mins47secs and 51/100ths for a #17 Ultimate Porker sub.

I took it easy since it was my first timed run, but I'm excited to get back there and try some new techniques before the summer is over.

Self proclaimed PNW Craiglist find of the day Champion, April 2014.

You know, there are bearings in the turbo, too...

There is no hacking involved.

The ball bearings of said turbo had exploded and fell through the drain tube, into the oil pan. I know for a fact oil starvation was NOT the cause of the failure.

You're right, it's not hacking. It's precision machining removal of material to make it fit into a smaller housing.

So in other words, not located in the lines? ;)

So replacing the lines does what? :lol:

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

If the restrictor isn't located in the lines, and you replace the lines, you are still restricted.

You will not find a Subaru with a failed turbo that had too small of factory lines. Restricted lines from clogged filters and such, yes. But not because the lines themselves were too small.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

• I Donated
If the restrictor isn't located in the lines, and you replace the lines, you are still restricted.

Yes, but what if the lines themselves are the restriction? In that case, replacing the lines would get rid of the restriction.

You will not find a Subaru with a failed turbo that had too small of factory lines. Restricted lines from clogged filters and such, yes. But not because the lines themselves were too small.

For factory turbos, I'm sure you are right. I'm not so sure for aftermarket turbos.

The oiling system is the same amongst all turbos, so it doesn't make a difference if its aftermarket, if it is twice as big, if its black or its blue, unless off course it's a ball bearing which requires even less oil.

enough with the lines, already. I see people put race parts on their cars all the time and discuss how they can feel the difference on the drive home from the bar. If braided oil lines help you feel better about your turbo's continued life while engine rpm holds steady at 3000, good for you.

I run stick hard lines on upgraded turbo, so far its been fine. Then again I run stock brake calipers on the track, so I don't hold much stock in race parts being the bomb.

I do have an uprated oil pump with windage tray to encourage more oil to available to prevent the engine from exploding from not enough oil. OP was running the original pump with no oil delivery upgrades, something you would/should consider if you were going to drive your car in the upper 1000 of the rpm range.

more sammich, less oil

idk, he posted in open forum about racing. Didnt specify course. as he challenged, I'm open for an open road race point to point. Thinking pike's peak would work.

At a drag strip? meh

All you'll see is my tail lights, BoxKitty!:mad:

If these are sandwiches from the food trucks at the street race... count me in.

Sent from a handheld device that can access the aggregate of human knowledge, but that I generally use to buy car parts and watch videos of people hurting themselves

Tits mcgee

Archived