LegacyGT.com

Who has the fastest legacy in CO?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
last post is meaningless without the dyno chart. If the max tq number doesnt show up until the very end of the rpm range or is high in the 4k range, there's not much usable on the engine unless you've learned to drive on boost all the time (harder to do than you think).

The mod list doesnt include an upgraded oil pump, nor a KillerB upgrade for the oil pan/pickup, nor IP&T turbo oil line. Actually, there's a lot of stuff missing that is key to a bulletproof, high-reliability, high-output engine.

At the track top end power is optimal, so it is for quarter mile. Between redline to redline shifts it's ideal not to fall out of the power band, nor to lose the power just before you shift again.

A track car built for a road course should be geared for that course and/or to be in power-brand with the selection of the proper gear.

The only place low/mid matter is for daily driving.

What I have learned form this thread:

1) The internet believes EVERYTHING aftermarket parts salesmen tell them. "You NEED this braided oil line to replace a steel hard line because racecar."

Salesman: "An upgraded oil pump will offer better oiling and reliability"

Reality: You put too big of a pump on your motor and the pressure relief sits open all the time actually reducing your oil flow through the engine.

2) I need to find a sandwich shop near my shop.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

• I Donated
The internet believes EVERYTHING aftermarket parts salesmen tell them. "You NEED this braided oil line to replace a steel hard line because racecar."

If you are talking about the turbo oil line: when the turbo manufacturer himself says that he has seen failures with the stock hard line because it does not flow enough, and recommends an upgrade, I think I will believe him over you.

If you are talking about the turbo oil line: when the turbo manufacturer himself says that he has seen failures with the stock hard line because it does not flow enough, and recommends an upgrade, I think I will believe him over you.

Are you referring to aftermarket turbo manufacturers? The same ones that deny warranty coverage on their turbos citing "lack of lubrication" as the main reason for failure, saying they determined this after inspecting the bearings? The bearings which were in the bottom of the oil pan and not sent in with the turbo.

Those guys? The guys that take turbos from companies with R&D budgets in the millions of dollars and then hack them up to fit into stock location housings? Are those the guys you are referring to?

The factory hard lines flow just as much oil as any braided SS line on the market... once you remove the factory restrictors. Now if you have a BB turbo... it REQUIRES a restrictor to meter oil flow into the turbo.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

• I Donated
Are you referring to aftermarket turbo manufacturers? The same ones that deny warranty coverage on their turbos citing "lack of lubrication" as the main reason for failure, saying they determined this after inspecting the bearings? The bearings which were in the bottom of the oil pan and not sent in with the turbo.

You know, there are bearings in the turbo, too...

Those guys? The guys that take turbos from companies with R&D budgets in the millions of dollars and then hack them up to fit into stock location housings? Are those the guys you are referring to?

There is no hacking involved.

The factory hard lines flow just as much oil as any braided SS line on the market... once you remove the factory restrictors. Now if you have a BB turbo... it REQUIRES a restrictor to meter oil flow into the turbo.

Where are the restrictors located? :iam:

Archived