LegacyGT.com

Auto up/down windows

tantal

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Viper 791 w/530t

^^that's what I just had installed today on my LGT. It has auto-up/down windows from inside and remote, turbo timer, remote start (w/clutch bypass), LCD paging remote, trunk release, etc.

I couldn't be happier. I would definitely recommend this setup. It is expensive though....easily an AP or some rims.

If you can read this, you're following too close.

Click Me

• 8 months later...
Has anyone followed up with trying a Nissan window module? Is that the simplest way to get auto-up on the driver window?

Resurrecting old thread. So I went to Nissan & Infiniti dealers last week. Checked Murano, Altima, FX, QX, G35. None of the switches are like in Legacy. Actually all they seem the same, except Murano has auto-up only for the front windows, and QX has auto-up/auto-down for all windows.

Too bad....

What is the legacy part number for the drivers window switch? This is a different switch then the other 3 ... I would imagine that if you get this module to replace auto up/down functionality, you would want the 'hold' the drivers switch provides for all 4

• 3 months later...
Jer- See above post. You WILL be able to retain normal functionality if you press and hold the buttons. Only tapping (press and hold for less than a second) will initiate auto functionality.

Tax- When the aftermarket modules are installed, they intercept the signals to control the motors, thus enabling this feature. Yes, the stock auto-down is controlled via the switch, but adding that functionality to all the other switches requires modification.

If anyone wants auto windows, but doesn\'t want to either drive to NJ or send away for a kit and install it themselves, they should visit their local alarm installer and ask for the DEI 530T auto window module. Each module controls 2 windows (so you would need 2 modules for all 4) and simply installing the modules as directed in the packaging will enable one-touch control from the factory switches.

So I guess that this dose not work with the stock remote functions. I have tried to read the whole thread but it is a long list questions and ideas... So in the end these two modules will allow you to have one touch functionality, but will not let you open or close the windows without further modding the aftermarket modules with time delay switches and whatever other dingle-barrys it needs. Sound about right: the cost is about $100+ and a few hours under the dash.

I just returned a loaner 2007 Forrester. Forrester HAS EXACTLY THE SAME (except auto-up function) driver power window switches like Nissans/Infinitis (G35, FX45, Altima, etc).

So I bet Forrester owners can just swap it for the Nissan unit.

Our switch is allegedly also sourced from a Nissan, but not from any USDM model (I didn't check Sentra, but I doubt it has auto-up windows).

Next time I am in Europe I'll check EDM Nissans there...

I guess that this is dead since Ice ss has not logged on to the board in a while. The only way to go is have an aftermarket alarm installed and some other odds and ends which = $$. I was looking forward to doing somthing like this but not at the cost of some major $$ and a PITA install. Can anyone try to figure out how to do this I would try myself but have no time to sit and read all the wiring diagrams, and such. Any Help??SoCalSleeper

I guess that this is dead since Ice ss has not logged on to the board in a while. The only way to go is have an aftermarket alarm installed and some other odds and ends which = $$. I was looking forward to doing somthing like this but not at the cost of some major $$ and a PITA install. Can anyone try to figure out how to do this I would try myself but have no time to sit and read all the wiring diagrams, and such. Any Help??SoCalSleeper

Not dead yet. No solution has been defined.

That said, I was breezing through the vacation pic documentation (under "electrical system", then under "electrical wiring system", then under "power window system #36")and saw something interesting. I noticed that the "power window main switch" refers to "Auto up" as well as "Auto Down". I am curious if the wiring in the US cars reflect the schematics. If not, would it be just a quick change to enable Auto up?

PolarDog

Not dead yet. No solution has been defined.

That said, I was breezing through the vacation pic documentation (under "electrical system", then under "electrical wiring system", then under "power window system #36")and saw something interesting. I noticed that the "power window main switch" refers to "Auto up" as well as "Auto Down". I am curious if the wiring in the US cars reflect the schematics. If not, would it be just a quick change to enable Auto up?

PolarDog

I have an idea on which wires to tap into in order to take advantage of the remote, but it is unclear to me if the signal from the remote is enough to actuate and drive the windows open and closed. This is where that DEI thingy comes into play (a power feed is sent to the DEI, and when either the unlock or lock input is received, the DEI powers the appropriate response...) It is also unclear which wires to connect to on the window side, but first-things-first.

As far as the pure "auto up" is concerned, my thinking is that the Driver's window switch is simply not capable of receiving the auto-up input that the car is capable of delivering (at least according to the schematics) Is there a version outside the US that has auto-up? Be interesting if there was a different switch available

...a bit more work required <sigh>.

PolarDog

I don't see why people are not just going about this the way ICE-SS did... It still works great in my car one year later.

I'd be very happy to, but the documentation that has been posted within this thread isn't entirely clear. Do you know if there is a write-up somewhere? Any pics? Anything?

PolarDog

I'd be very happy to, but the documentation that has been posted within this thread isn't entirely clear. Do you know if there is a write-up somewhere? Any pics? Anything?

PolarDog

Good point. I got the impression that he was willing to post up some instructions... That said, I haven't talked to him since I left his shop a year ago.

Good point. I got the impression that he was willing to post up some instructions... That said, I haven't talked to him since I left his shop a year ago.

Thanks for the note Noam! I am very glad that your situation is working out for you (it says a great deal about the longevity of the mod!) Please let me know if you come across any info. Until then, I guess we'll keep plugging along! :icon_wink

PolarDog

Oh man, this is soooooo doable. In fact, it's been done. Would be nice to get a walk-through from someone as I think we're re-inventing the wheel here...

Okay, I have ordered a DEI 530T module (~$60) and have mapped out the wiring. The plan is to have the front windows roll up upon locking the car (one press of the lock). Two presses of the lock will do zip squat (simply because I don't need it). I don't care about the back windows, so I only need one 530T module and I'm not getting fancy with the double. triple and quadruple button presses, so I don't think I need a relay (someone please tell if I am wrong here, otherwise it is a trial and error activity).

Since I have a wagon, I plan on using the gate unlock portion of the remote to roll down the windows. The only possible problem here is if I switch back to the original wiring, the windows will roll down if I unlock the gate. I really don't see this as a problem because I never unlock just the gate.

Unclear on how the venting of the windows will work...

By the way, the front two windows will be auto down AND auto up...

I will post pictures and wiring info once installed and troubleshot (I don't want to give bad info).

Wish me luck!

PolarDog

As far as the pure "auto up" is concerned, my thinking is that the Driver's window switch is simply not capable of receiving the auto-up input that the car is capable of delivering (at least according to the schematics) Is there a version outside the US that has auto-up? Be interesting if there was a different switch available

...a bit more work required <sigh>.

PolarDog

Yes, EDM Legacy has auto down & up driver's window!! I am trying to find out the part #. Looks like our cars are wired for auto-up. The question is what is missing - support for it in the switch? Or maybe it's disabled somehow.

Archived