LegacyGT.com

Auto up/down windows

tantal

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pulse timer is your friend :D

Any Specific model?

Sorry to keep bugging you - I don't know all the tricks of the trade for auto electronics.

I found the PAC TR-7 which could provide the roll down on whichever count of unlock you want. It's pretty cool - you can do tons of timer and pulse type stuff.

I'm around boston, and would love those features

Hey dude,

Not sure exactly when that might be. I haven't been to Boston in a long time and I'm dying to go again, but I'm not sure when I'm going to have enough free time for it.

If you really are interested, shoot me a PM with your contact info and I will keep you updated. Also, do you have a place (meaning a garage or something) where we could do the install? LMK.

Thanks,

D

Any Specific model?

Sorry to keep bugging you - I don't know all the tricks of the trade for auto electronics.

I found the PAC TR-7 which could provide the roll down on whichever count of unlock you want. It's pretty cool - you can do tons of timer and pulse type stuff.

It's nbd. The pulse timer by DEI fits the bill very nicely. Hook it up as such:

Black/white wire: connect to orange

Yellow wire: connect to (+) lock motor wire from BIM (not sure which pin that is right now)

Orange wire: connect to black/white

Brown wire: connect to input for secondary timer, which in turn is used to hold ground for GWA input on window modules (also an orange wire)

Blue loop: cut

In this configuration, the first lock signal turns the timer on, and the second one (assuming it occurs before the timer shuts off) will pass to the GWA timer.

The resolution on the DEI timers aren't so great when it comes to the low end of the scale (1-5 seconds) so you just have to futz with the adjustment until it works the way you want it to.

-D

Thanks Dave...

Here's what I plan to do... sometime.

Install two of the 530T modules to enable one-touch.

Use a DEI 538T configured as mentioned by ICE-SS to roll up on second lock.

Use a TR-7 configured to roll the windows down on 4th unlock.

(1=driver, 2=all, 3=one extra for good measure, 4=roll down)

The TR-7 is configurable as to allow roll down on whatever number of presses you would like. I hopefully will get this stuff together over the next month or so and do a full write up... unless someone beats me too it.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone I spoke with recently identified the Infiniti QX45 as having one-touch up/down on both the front driver and passenger windows in the factory switch module. However, without having a QX45 to physically test the compatibility, we have no way of knowing if it is truly plug-n-play.

If anyone is thinking about trying to put a QX45 switch module in their Legacy, please note that electrical items are usually SPECIAL ORDER items from the dealership and therefore can NOT BE RETURNED if they do not work. I personally don't think that there's much demand for switch modules on EBay, so if someone tries this, then it is entirely at their own risk.

One of the nice things about using the DEI modules (or Autopage makes them as well) is that they are basically compatible with everything. Sure, you have to cut some wires but in the end you know it isn't a potential waste of money. If anyone has a friend with a QX45 though and some how convinces them to "loan" the module...let us know what happens...:D

-D

Do you know if the 03' Altima modules may be compatible? I have an 03' altima, and if anyone thinks they may be they I may be inclined to take the door apart. I sure love the auto up and down in the altima, and how much faster teh windows roll up and down. I can also lower/raise the front windows by turning the key in the door lock and holding it. It is a great feature.

X

---

Yeah, I came from a G35 coupe in which it had both windows auto-up/down from inside controls and if you held the unlock key on the remote down for a few seconds, the windows would roll down....no roll up feature from keypad tho.....but I miss those features for sure....probably going with an aftermarktet alarm real soon anyway and plan on going all out....windows, turbotimer, pager, etc....all from the remote....

If you can read this, you're following too close.

Click Me

^ that would be cool. But waht about when you are driving? would you be able to have the auto up and down feature work from the door controls? That is what I think most people would like as well, including me.

The truth is out there...

I have them. Hit the unlock button once on the factory remote=unlock all 4 doors. Hit unlock a second time=all four windows down. When exiting vehicle hit the lock button on remote=all 4 windows all the way up. Also, all four window controls on the drivers door panel are one touch up and down.

I share my shop with an auto electronics guy...he did it for me. He installed box in my drivers door and installed a few things under the drivers side dash. Took him about an hour or so. I can find out more if anyone's interested.

-Lee

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Bump...would still like to know the Nissan part numbers for the switches. I would like those instead of the stock Legacy switches because I want to be able to control when they auto up/down.

Not sure exactly what you mean by that, but as far as the aftermarket modules are concerned, you can control when they are auto and not. Tapping the buttons for a sec makes them auto; holding and then releasing will make them operate normally.

-D

Not sure exactly what you mean by that, but as far as the aftermarket modules are concerned, you can control when they are auto and not. Tapping the buttons for a sec makes them auto; holding and then releasing will make them operate normally.

-D

Ahhh, I see. Cool. I was under the impression they went at will. The reason I'd like the Nissan parts is because they have the two-stage click.

Thanks,

Mike

http://kanedasrealm.net

Ok I'm confused. When you push on the window switch on the door does the signal go straight to the window motor or does it go thru the module (tried to find the module in the "vacation pix" but was unable). And where is this module mounted.

The reason I ask is that I went to my local Subaru dealer and asked about the window control module and they told me that everything is simply controled thru the switch.

confused but want auto updown.

Jer- See above post. You WILL be able to retain normal functionality if you press and hold the buttons. Only tapping (press and hold for less than a second) will initiate auto functionality.

Tax- When the aftermarket modules are installed, they intercept the signals to control the motors, thus enabling this feature. Yes, the stock auto-down is controlled via the switch, but adding that functionality to all the other switches requires modification.

If anyone wants auto windows, but doesn't want to either drive to NJ or send away for a kit and install it themselves, they should visit their local alarm installer and ask for the DEI 530T auto window module. Each module controls 2 windows (so you would need 2 modules for all 4) and simply installing the modules as directed in the packaging will enable one-touch control from the factory switches.

Archived