LegacyGT.com

Subaru, Toyota will build small sports car

Legacy BoB

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's hope they mount the engine north-south and not transverse. There is something about the transverse layout that makes me sick to my stomach, even with AWD involved. And with Toyota, it is most likely going to be small and girly like the MR2 remake.

Things it must have to interest me...

1. 4 wheel IRS

2. Dual wishbone front suspension and dual wishbone rear or multilink rear suspension

3. AWD or RWD

4. longitude mounted engine.

5. no back seat

6. limited slip rear diff

7. 4 wheel disc brakes. (some cars today still come with drum brakes in the rear)

Don't they already have the TC for this purpose. And I wonder if it will be more attractive than the new Impreza.

I'd rather see something better outta Subaru anyway. They need to bring back the SXV to boost their athletic appeal. An SVX would be more desirable for men 38+ over the boy racer WRX.

I wouldn't mind the new AE86 that's been rumored... Crappy Toyota motor but it's RWD with the help of Subaru parts.

http://www.autospies.com/news/New-Toyota-AE86-RWD-starting-at-12-300-18454/

Good call, I think you are onto something. I did see in a post on jalopnik that the vehicle will be 4wd and will be a hybrid system. The addition of the instantaneous torque properties of the electric motor will def help the little 4-banger get up to speed. Also the engine is rumoured to be less than 2.0L but fuji sourced. N0t sure how valid, but it looks like toyota may be trying to bring back the old corolla levins of old.

Good call, I think you are onto something. I did see in a post on jalopnik that the vehicle will be 4wd and will be a hybrid system. The addition of the instantaneous torque properties of the electric motor will def help the little 4-banger get up to speed. Also the engine is rumoured to be less than 2.0L but fuji sourced. N0t sure how valid, but it looks like toyota may be trying to bring back the old corolla levins of old.

A hybrid and a boxer engine? That would explain the small engine.

Archived