LegacyGT.com

Pissed off!!!! Thanks f85stealth!!

f85stealth

Well just got done installing my Brembo BBK and guess what it dont fit! The only thing Brembo claims you need is 18" X 7.5" wheels and guess what i have.....18" X 7.5" wheels. They come stock with the Spec B so you would thingk when you order the kit they would fit....WRONG! I need wheels spacers to make this thing work and guess what now....no ones has them! I tried Advance auto Parts (didnt carry them), NAPA (didnt have the right size), Pep Boys (didnt have the right size), and autozone (didnt carry them). So now what....i did all this work and i dont have a car to drive to work tomorrow!:mad:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are a million threads here that tell you which wheels work with the Brembo BBK...and Spec B wheels aren't one of them...it's not the wheel size that's the problem...it's the wheel offset.

Sorry never seen a thread saying what wheels would work with the BBK but i dont feel like bleeding the brakes twice to go back to stock....and i thought about using washers but honestly thats a real scary thought...i just need to find a place that carries the wheel spacers...anyone one know of a place? I can order them over night worse comes to worse...

its also a scary thought to use cruddy spacers from advanced auto...do it right man...and don't be mad at brembo lol there's so much talk on this forum about what rims fit and what rims don't....

hahaha do it right....what other choice i have...buy new rims LMAO!

im not going to sugarcoat things for u but you should have done ur research. not all 18x7.5s fit. actually i would say that most do not. spoke clearance is fairly important also. here's a good list of things that fit. tarmac 3s will barely fit, its not on the list. that's what im running.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=448097

heres a trick i learned when i was looking for them. look for rims that fit an 04 sti. if they fit an 04 sti they'll fit your car. (the 05+s are 5x114.5 or whatever that last number is)

car for sale. PM me!

It doesn't state what offset you need. This is because each wheel is different. You needed to research that yourself. Some wheels just don't work with the BBK, even if they are the same offset. There are many factors in why wheels don't fit over BBKs. #1 is offset, #2 is the spoke design.
-ben

It doesn't state what offset you need. This is because each wheel is different. You needed to research that yourself. Some wheels just don't work with the BBK, even if they are the same offset. There are many factors in why wheels don't fit over BBKs. #1 is offset, #2 is the spoke design.

I feel Brembo needs to provide more technical data about the calipers so i can do research if it will fit or not.....i dont know anyone with a spec B and a Brembo BBK....I have the same wheels as an STi so you would figure it would fit

I feel your pain as I ran into a similar situation with my Z. After completing both sides, only then did I test fit a wheel and realize the offset wasn't going to work. Had to undo everything, just so I could get the wheels back on and get the car off the jack stands.

If you get spacers, make sure they are hub centric. I've used the Eibach kit and I've also heard good things about the H&R. You may need to install longer studs as well depending on the thickness you end up with. Oh, and they're not cheap.

ignore him, he'll go away.

I feel your pain as I ran into a similar situation with my Z. After completing both sides, only then did I test fit a wheel and realize the offset wasn't going to work. Had to undo everything, just so I could get the wheels back on and get the car off the jack stands.

If you get spacers, make sure they are hub centric. I've used the Eibach kit and I've also heard good things about the H&R. You may need to install longer studs as well depending on the thickness you end up with. Oh, and they're not cheap.

What does hub centric mean? When i went to NAPA they were like 8 bucks a piece but they didnt fit....All i need is an extra 1/8" and the wheels will clear...I had someone offer me theres which was an 8mm but that seemed like a lil much to where i might have to install longer studs....which by the way i would have no idea how to....i just need something and fast...or it might have to get ghetto rigged til i find somethign better

Archived