LegacyGT.com

Pissed off!!!! Thanks f85stealth!!

f85stealth

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only thing Brembo claims you need is 18" X 7.5" wheels

please, show me a link where you found this info. I'd like to read up on what Brembo recommends before I change the thread title

i had 15mm spacers by h r springs

http://www.hrsprings.com/

mine were 15mm. very finely made german engineering. fit perfectly.

hubcentric spacers transfer the the weight to the lip on the hub. never depend on the the studs alone to take the stress.

during my research at nasioc about spacers there was a small consensus that a 3mm flat spacer on a 8mm lip was the max you should use before going to full hubcentric setup.

with 15mm spacers you have to change all the wheel studs.

note: you never reuse a wheel stud.

if you need new studs h and r sells them through a dealer.

if you decide to go back to stock you must buy new subaru studs to replace the spacer studs.

it's easier to change the studs on the front than the rear. the rear hubs must be removed.

never bang out a stud or you'll risk damaging the bearings. my rears were damaged and took 24,000 mile to start groaning. they are expensive to fix, luckily it was "covered" under warranty.

i will never do it again.

no mention at all about fitment, only dimensions, same as StopTech and everybody else. Onus is on the customer.

A

B

C

http://www.brembo.com/CatalogoHPGT/DetailPages/Images/CaliperClearance460.gif

so you ordered them in +46mm offset and they didn't fit?

how the hell should he know? like, duh!

i stated a long while back i have the prodrive P1's what offset they are i have no idea...the car was purchased used and i have no way of knowing..

there is a way of knowing....take the damn wheel back off and look for the casting that shows offset. $10 it says 53

i had 15mm spacers by h r springs

http://www.hrsprings.com/

mine were 15mm. very finely made german engineering. fit perfectly.

hubcentric spacers transfer the the weight to the lip on the hub. never depend on the the studs alone to take the stress.

during my research at nasioc about spacers there was a small consensus that a 3mm flat spacer on a 8mm lip was the max you should use before going to full hubcentric setup.

with 15mm spacers you have to change all the wheel studs.

note: you never reuse a wheel stud.

if you need new studs h and r sells them through a dealer.

if you decide to go back to stock you must buy new subaru studs to replace the spacer studs.

it's easier to change the studs on the front than the rear. the rear hubs must be removed.

never bang out a stud or you'll risk damaging the bearings. my rears were damaged and took 24,000 mile to start groaning. they are expensive to fix, luckily it was "covered" under warranty.

i will never do it again.

Thank you for being one of the few to try and help. The 3MM should work just fine i just need to know where to get em.

that's a vendor, not Brembo. Besides, it says 'You will need a minimum of 17x7.5" wheel to clear' - stock STI BBS wheels are 17x7.5. Brake clearance has to do with size and offset. It's a known fact that Prodrive P1's do not fit over Brembo's unless you get the STI specific fitment that only comes in crystal titanium color. due diligence and the search function is your friend, or, post a thread next time...any number of people could have directed you to the info you needed. Heck, the vendor you linked to could have probably answered your question had you asked them.

This should be quite simple to figure out what size you have, if indeed you have USDM stock Spec B rims. Turn the rim over and look on the back side of the rim spokes you will see stamped inside the spokes "Made in Japan", "18X7 JJ", "Offset 55". I have a USDM '06 Spec B with stock rims.

that's a vendor, not Brembo. Besides, it says 'You will need a minimum of 17x7.5" wheel to clear' - stock STI BBS wheels are 17x7.5. Brake clearance has to do with size and offset. It's a known fact that Prodrive P1's do not fit over Brembo's unless you get the STI specific fitment that only comes in crystal titanium color. due diligence and the search function is your friend, or, post a thread next time...any number of people could have directed you to the info you needed. Heck, the vendor you linked to could have probably answered your question had you asked them.

When i seen i needed a minimum of 17x7.5 and i knew i had 18x7.5 i figured thats all there was to it, it would fit. f you never question somethign you never research it. If there was somethign more on that link about fitment i would have dug up some more facts....point still remains i need spacers where can i get em locally....all i need is like a 3MM spacer maybe 5

When i seen i needed a minimum of 17x7.5 and i knew i had 18x7.5 i figured thats all there was to it, it would fit. f you never question somethign you never research it. If there was somethign more on that link about fitment i would have dug up some more facts....point still remains i need spacers where can i get em locally....all i need is like a 3MM spacer maybe 5

you are in Tampa with Mastro there and you want to know where to buy spacers?

did you ask King of Parts about fitment or did you assume your wheels would work? You thought you had stock Spec B wheels which are 18x7 :confused:

you are in Tampa with Mastro there and you want to know where to buy spacers?

did you ask King of Parts about fitment or did you assume your wheels would work? You thought you had stock Spec B wheels which are 18x7 :confused:

Mastro would have em? No i didnt ask king of parts because of that statement all i needed was a 17X7.5.....i thought i had stock spec B wheels but i knew the wheels i had were 18 x 7.5

Archived