LegacyGT.com

**OFFICIAL** Mid-Atlantic post whoring thread - V2

SBT

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're using Spec B (JDM) Top Hats with your spec B Bilsteins correct? If so, no washer required nor should it be used.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

You're using Spec B (JDM) Top Hats with your spec B Bilsteins correct? If so, no washer required nor should it be used.

Correct, yeah I was trying to search but I understood incorrectly at first

And FWIW, the Eibach Pro Sport and Bilstein combo is the sweet-spot of stock-type suspensions.

I really like the way it feels and handles but the Negative rake is killing me. It looks worst than stock

IMAG3615.thumb.jpg.ef93a8bef02af51a418a756b6f0a5c39.jpg

The Spec B OEM springs are cut shorter than standard Legacy springs to compensate for the extra deck-height of the front Spec B tophats. All of the other AM springs are made to fit a "Legacy" platform, so you don't get the shorter springs. Saggy butt spacers for the rear are your only "fix".

Wagon-specific springs would also effectively be shorter in the front.

That is why I want your springs badly!! haha you have a buyer waiting to give you cash locally. Maybe that will motivate you to work on your clutch issues and getting a new suspension ;-)

Let me know. Otherwise, I might pull the trigger on some BC coilovers.

I want the performance and even-ness of the BC's but not the maintenance thats involved. Plus you know MD puts salt down on everything so i dont want them to get all messed up

The Spec B OEM springs are cut shorter than standard Legacy springs to compensate for the extra deck-height of the front Spec B tophats. All of the other AM springs are made to fit a "Legacy" platform, so you don't get the shorter springs. Saggy butt spacers for the rear are your only "fix".

Do you think the oem spec b spring would make the car lower than the eibach right now? But i guess they would reduce the performance of my set up right now

I was looking into getting rear spacers, might lower my front by like a 1/4".

Or I can get swifts which are designed for the bilsteins so it will sit lower than now and then the wagon specific swifts will make the rear higher too, basically doing what a saggy butt spacer would do. And hopefully that will even out my car

Wagon Swift Sport Springs are the same length as the sedan versions. Just longer in the rear to compensate for the extra loading. Still not long enough and I use 3/8" BSes to get some additional lift.

And I wouldn't mix non-performance springs with performance springs unless your singular goal is stance - springs are made to work together as a system. IMO, you'd give up a lot in terms of handling and performance by going to stock SpecB springs at the front with Swifts at the rear, wagon or otherwise.

I...think I'm lost ...is this... the suspension forum?

Lol i thought this was just for the locals to post about whatever. I want to buy barmans springs and we were talking about an install day and it led to this

Wagon Swift Sport Springs are the same length as the sedan versions. Just longer in the rear to compensate for the extra loading. Still not long enough and I use 3/8" BSes to get some additional lift.

And I wouldn't mix non-performance springs with performance springs unless your singular goal is stance - springs are made to work together as a system. IMO, you'd give up a lot in terms of handling and performance by going to stock SpecB springs at the front with Swifts at the rear, wagon or otherwise.

well i guess i wouldve swapped to just spec b springs front and rear or the wagon swift set f/r

but you are right, no mixing and matching. jokingly...i could cut my eibachs lol but might cause weird resonance and bounce like crazy

Side note, fitting an AVO TMIC isn't the most fun thing to do in the world.

Always thought fitting the AVO TMIC is a piece of cake, compared to the Perrin TMIC. But the worse thing is fitting an AVO TB hose to a Perrin TMIC - I still haven't accomplished it.

I leave the turbo until the end. Once I've gotten the TMIC firmly lodged in the TB hose, I pretty much lock it down so it doesn't move backwards away from the hose, then pull the TMIC forward very slightly on the turbo side and tighten it down. Then retighten everything.

Side note, fitting an AVO TMIC isn't the most fun thing to do in the world.

SIMPLE, it's the PW fitment that is an adventure

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol: