LegacyGT.com

**OFFICIAL** Mid-Atlantic post whoring thread - V2

SBT

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I Donated
I'd do the work if someone donates their garage.

Speaking of which.... anyone willing to donate their garage for 4-5 hours? I have coilovers, swaybars, strut tower brace and underbody braces to install on my Prius. :) I just need space to do the work.

You can use my garage in Owings Mills once I'm moved in (i.e. after Saturday). Can't guarantee I can do anything to help, though. I'll probably be unpacking. :spin:

**** a MUG. Thats one nipple and ceramic. I want a giant set in glass.... DASBOOBIES

Clearly you didn't look very hard... One of the few chicks out here and I find it?? LOL

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/08/gyma5a2e.jpg

I got eibach springs on spec b bilsteins right now but not happy with the drop.

I also have some ksport coilovers that I want to put on. But I have heard mixed reviews on them....

...soo...maybe I should buy the swifts from BarManBean and call it a day for my DD?

Def would be down for an install party...Sounds like everyone wants to do suspension work. Didnt think end of summer would be the time everyone wants to do it though lol

Oh, I thought they didnt even fit. I might be interested in the swift springs but then I would have to compress the set up and take off the eibachs...i thought it would just be easier to take the whole set up off and then swap in the ksports. Some people seem happy with the ksports while others say they are cheap and will break in like a year...I have had people have ksports on their RS' and hondas and they have no complaints...so I dont know what to do

Lol what do you mean by "rake"?

The swift springs look low enough for my taste for a DD. I dont know if I want to deal with having to rebuild coilovers etc esp since Ive put on 20k miles a year on average the last few years....

http://www.ehow.com/facts_7969554_difference-between-rake-caster.html

Rake is the angle between the vehicle and the horizontal axis of the ground. If the back is higher than the front, you have positive rake. If the front is higher than the back, you have negative rake.

• I Donated
Oh, I thought they didnt even fit. I might be interested in the swift springs but then I would have to compress the set up and take off the eibachs...i thought it would just be easier to take the whole set up off and then swap in the ksports.

Yes, it would be easier to swap the whole assembly, but using a spring compressor is not difficult. It only takes about 20-30 minutes extra per corner to compress springs than it does to swap whole assemblies.

Some people seem happy with the ksports while others say they are cheap and will break in like a year...I have had people have ksports on their RS' and hondas and they have no complaints...so I dont know what to do

A friend of my brother's had Ksports on his Tiburon. When we jacked up the front left wheel, the shock fell out of the pillowball mount. Imagine if he had gone over a big bump at speed and it had done that!

I would not touch cheap coils with a ten-foot pole after that experience.

• Moderators
It only takes about 20-30 minutes extra per corner to compress springs than it does to swap whole assemblies.

I'd say that's pretty generous. If you have a set of assembled shocks and spirngs and a separate set of springs I would think you could swap the springs for all four in less than 30 minutes...

Either way I always like having things that are ready to bolt on if at all possible. That's the main reason I find myself with a garage full of spare parts--I'd rather buy the extras and assemble something before hand than have to rush through a job. Doesn't always make financial sense tho.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

im taking my V back to positive. I make it about level. Not as nice.

I like Positive Rake. I have serious negative rake right now lol. And its not even cause of saggy butt, i think its cause my 2.5i engine is light lol

(See pics) - first is how it sits now with my current wheels and eibach/bilstein

second pic is when I had h-techs on stock struts

third pic is when I swapped to the bilstein/eibach set up...

I wouldnt mind going back to the htech set up with saggy butt spacers to get rid of the slightly negative rake

Yes, it would be easier to swap the whole assembly, but using a spring compressor is not difficult. It only takes about 20-30 minutes extra per corner to compress springs than it does to swap whole assemblies.

A friend of my brother's had Ksports on his Tiburon. When we jacked up the front left wheel, the shock fell out of the pillowball mount. Imagine if he had gone over a big bump at speed and it had done that!

I would not touch cheap coils with a ten-foot pole after that experience.

Yeah the only time I did springs on stock struts was in college and we used hand compressors that you had to turn with a ratchet...we had to compress the old springs, remove top hat. compress new springs and replace top hat...it was alot of work. last springs i did, i did at my friends shop and he has a machine compressor, took alot less time lol. you dont have to be worried about the nut flying into your face like you do with hand tools

I think I saw you post this story on another thread and thats what made me reconsider putting them on...

I'd say that's pretty generous. If you have a set of assembled shocks and spirngs and a separate set of springs I would think you could swap the springs for all four in less than 30 minutes...

Either way I always like having things that are ready to bolt on if at all possible. That's the main reason I find myself with a garage full of spare parts--I'd rather buy the extras and assemble something before hand than have to rush through a job. Doesn't always make financial sense tho.

Lol I am on the same boat as you but I am poor soo...sometimes its not an option haha

Compressing springs feel like it takes 30 minutes, but I'm sure it's actually somewhere around 15 minutes per corner.

Yeah...I dont know. it feels long lol

IMAG2873-1.thumb.jpg.4db91874b2fce7242cda19eabfc01326.jpg

IMAG0190.thumb.jpg.74bb52a068ff06ba890dca4207b9d526.jpg

IMAG0411.thumb.jpg.181bd8eaff64594bed17db6e9e6f796d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Anyone in the market for a cheap set of gold BBS? I've talked to a guy on Nasioc who's in silver spring but I'm not gonna buy them--too much up in the air with my transmission / suspension at the moment. They have some rash, but he only wants $600 for them. PM me or look on MAIC if you're interested.

(no affiliation with seller, just spreading info)

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(