LegacyGT.com

Help me convert to E85!!!

I ran my car with just a walbro FP, 850's sidefeeds and both a v40 then a v52 with no problems for 2+ years with road tunes. If your not looking to get crazy e85 can be done fairly cheap and still offered many smiles

Sidefeeds are more prone to leaks (from what I have seen, everybody's experience is different) and top feeds are supposedly more efficient in their fueling. That's what 2 tuners and a couple of more educated people have told me and it makes sense since fuel goes straight down. But then I'm guessing it won't be as cool as in temp wise as a side feed?

Plus top feeds are cheaper :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

There's another point too... Any injector compared to an Injector Dynamics injector sucks. It's not entirely the injector, it's how they match your set.

Sidefeeds are not known for being very consistent from one to another, especially once modified. The higher you go in flow, the greater the inconsistencies become.

850 sized injectors tend to have a rougher idle on gas. With E85 the higher fuel requirements don't need as precise fueling at idle so most people don't notice their injectors suck.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

After having multiple sets of injectors, I will only recommend Injector Dynamic's injectors. My ID1000's were awesome on pump and E85, and my current ID2000's are incredible on pump with a 900rpm idle. I'll be making the switch back to E85 in about 500 miles after I rotate my 30r.

What it all comes down to us the TGV deletes. If I stay side feed, will still involve removing the intake manifold and exposing the TGV's? If so I might as well convert to topfeed. Save money on the injectors and know that I'm doing it right the first time.

I'm just worried that dealing the with fuel rails, regulators, TGV's is gonna be really difficult and hard to put back together.

Don't blame the messenger but "compared to pump fuels, E85 produces roughly 5% more torque, and 4.5% more power, but requires 32-36% more fuel to do so at WOT - naturally aspirated. Or as much as 50% more with forced induction"

one car does not make a general rule. It just means it can be done.

We see an average of about 30hp and 50tq gains over stage2. Larger turbos see gains of as much as 100hp and 150tq over 91oct.

Some people report almost not drop in economy, others as much as a 50% drop. By the numbers, it should be closer to 30% drop.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Archived