LegacyGT.com

Ground straps at the bottom of engine ?

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a P0245 that I suspect to be related to a lack of effective grounding. That's what the problem was last time. The Perrin EBCS is only a year old so...

That being said, I also haven't figured out how to test the solenoid with a multimeter.

Good thread.

Or you could splurge and spend the $3 it costs at a parts store..

$6 at O'Reilly I believe (bought one the other day).

One thing to remember is that you could put 1563535196591565365 grounds on your car and it would NEVER hurt anything. But if you have NO ground, EVERYTHING can mess up. Make your own out of wire like Max shows above. It looks like he used 2-14 ga. wires if I'm correct Max? That's easily more ground than the original flat straps. I generally use a piece of 12 ga. Monster cable with the clear sheath because you can see through it and see if it's corroding. I also put heat shrink tube over the end where the crimp terminal goes on just to seal it up even more.

I have a P0245 and I think it might be ground related. I'm going to try putting 1563535196591565365 grounds on my car to see if that solves the issue. I bought some 12-gauge automotive wire and some sheathed terminal loops to make some of my own.

I'm also considering replacing my battery cable terminals for good measure, and because one of them is covered in corrosion lol...

Archived