LegacyGT.com

Sigmafour Sleeper

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I Donated Too

not sure I'll ever try a proper 1/4 mile at a track. I have no interest in breaking the car to get a time. IF I went to the track I would start with a very slow gentle start so the real number would always be a guess but we'll see.

I might go this year but really not sure I'd want to run it - don't have a helmet and there's no way tech inspection would pop the hood and let me on the track without one, they aren't stupid and know what's going on, sleeper or not!

No future plans... what else to do? More power wouldn't necessarily make it faster - there's some 475whp/475wtq and 440whp/505wtq 2.5's I've run up against and we're just neck and neck because of where the power curves come in on the much bigger Turbo's needed to get that kind of number - I have a reliable car still, so it seems... I'll be stopping here for now and work only on maintenance items and some cosmetic items. This is still a daily driver, every day.

Edited by sigmafour

• I Donated Too

replacement AEM flow sensor is here... that will fix that issue. Only other one is the near regular MAF code for max voltage, just a lot of air and not sure how to deal with that!? Otherwise everything has been very good and working well - haven't melted a piston.

yet. soon. maybe.

Otherwise everything has been very good and working well - haven't melted a piston.

yet. soon. maybe.

:lol::lol: only funny because it isn't my car. Hope things stay together for you for a long while though. Thanks for the inspiration and good luck. :)

• I Donated Too

Can only tempt fate by saying that the car is fine at this boost level. Fact is I am expecting something to go wrong and planning for it, just not sure when or what but you just can't be this hard all the time on a car and not have an issue at some point!

thank you for all your comments.

It's out of sleeper mode, the summer OZ wheels are back on... it's not so inconspicuous now.

Made it into work okay... another day, still no melty. nothing blown yet.

One day at a time :D

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

We know in your heart of hearts, you're actually hoping it will blow so you can pull the motor and rebuild it. Refurbed heads. New pistons. Shit buddy, you could be making 500 awhp right now. ;)

• I Donated Too

It is a photo forum but this seems to be where all the build threads end up... I could post more pictures but there's nothing else to see.

500AWHP - so there goes the drivetrain... and it's just not worth it. I can get bigger numbers but practically it won't make the car any faster. Those bigger Turbos develop the power so late it's all over by the time it matters. Best bang for the buck has already been reached.

Bren was busy tonight...

http://www.brentuning.com/dyno/graph.php?gb=0&hp=1&torque=1&rpm=1&sl=1&sln=1&sat=0&cb=0&dgr=1&smm=0&sg=1&runid1=17&rgb1=000000255&runid2=336&rgb2=204000000

• I Donated Too
OZ doesn't completely morph it!! Just less of a sleeper - damnit. Going wheel shopping now for something more stock looking - ah! Rotagrids...

this car is fast,...but the driver is faster! I was very excited that this build was going to a driver who would ABSOLUTELY enjoy every single one of those ponies - can't wait to get her back again for her next mod :)

Stay tuned for the next build - i should be getting the next one over to Bren very soon :cool: