LegacyGT.com

Invidia Q300 not very loud.

Funkyman831

I installed the Invidia Q300 on my 05 LGT. I was expecting... much more volume than what was given. It does have the great subaru rumble... but I can barely hear it over the turbo and I would have to have the windows down. IS there any way to go a little bit louder? Of course, I am keeping the CBE. Perhaps installing a catless DP might give it a bit more throat, or am I pretty much stuck with what I've got. I feel like I have heard these on other Leggy's and WRX's and it seems much louder.

I installed the Invidia Q300 on my 05 LGT. I was expecting... much more volume than what was given. It does have the great subaru rumble... but I can barely hear it over the turbo and I would have to have the windows down. IS there any way to go a little bit louder? Of course, I am keeping the CBE. Perhaps installing a catless DP might give it a bit more throat, or am I pretty much stuck with what I've got. I feel like I have heard these on other Leggy's and WRX's and it seems much louder.

Replacing the stock DP with a catted DP will open it up a bit but the Q300 is a very tame CBE. Many folks ditch louder obnoxious CBEs (MagnaFLow) for it!

You are going to need a down pipe to open up the sound.

I have been running(and still do) the q300 v1 on my car for a few years as well as several other cat backs.

The sound takes 2 months to really mellow but you will thank yourself for making that purchase if you travel a lot or have long commutes or have the typical(non car enthusiast) human female in your car.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

I bought korpsepatrols old cobb mid pipe, is was silent with stock mufflers, then I added perrin mufflers and gained the sound, then I ditched the cobb mid for a resonated perrin unit, kept the tone but the resonator cleaned it up. Now im about to add nameless performance muffler deletes just for fun for the loudest combo possible with EWG, hahaha

I bought korpsepatrols old cobb mid pipe, is was silent with stock mufflers, then I added perrin mufflers and gained the sound, then I ditched the cobb mid for a resonated perrin unit, kept the tone but the resonator cleaned it up. Now im about to add nameless performance muffler deletes just for fun for the loudest combo possible with EWG, hahaha

I totally forgot about my cobb mid and y! Jesus man have you not gotten pulled over with the perrin mufflers?

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

From what I've heard, this is a great CBE and I will definitely stick with it. My next option is to install a downpipe, but I won't be able to do catless since they are anal about it in Missouri. Anybody have a good preference on downpipes with a good sound?

• I Donated
From what I've heard, this is a great CBE and I will definitely stick with it. My next option is to install a downpipe, but I won't be able to do catless since they are anal about it in Missouri. Anybody have a good preference on downpipes with a good sound?

I'm going with either a cobb or a turboxs because it gets the cat out of the engine bay. New TurboXS is the same price as a used cobb, so take that as you will.

I ran the Q300 on stock dp and catless dp. Honestly the Q300 might even be quieter than the hogzaust (2 washers each bolt), since I rocked that for a bit. However I think the sound is much cleaner.

Once you open up the downpipe, catless or catted, you'll be surprise how much more "sound" opens up

Archived